Starting my Chicken Journey in Ontario!

palguire

In the Brooder
Feb 23, 2024
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes and No. This will be my first time having my own chickens, we are currently incubating some chicken from some friends. Varieties are not fully known since they have a mixed batch of cold hardy chickens. The No part is that my grandfather had chickens growing up and I did care for them!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
0, they are still eggs being incubating. Will be building a Brooder and Coop shortly.

(3) What breeds do you have?
TBD

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Putting in the work and seeing the reward and knowing the love and care I will put into the chickens and they health benefits from the eggs/meat!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Kayaking, SUP, and of coarse everything homesteading. We are in the processes of getting our gardens ready and going to be learning to can!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My wife and I have 2 teenage boys and we have a golden retriever. I can't wait to share the homesteading independence with my kids and show them the rewards of their work.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? Google, and I joined because I've found so much useful info and wanted to say thank you or ask my own questions.

1708726068898.png

Back
Top Bottom