Stolen pictures on website.... update post 19

Katy

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jun 29, 2007
Kansas~50+ yrs of chickens
It has been brought to my attention that once again someone is using one of my photos without permission to sell eggs.....only this time it's not on ebay but on a website.

If you click on the link and scroll down, the picture of the blue wyandottes is a picture of my birds. They don't even have much of a clue because they call them Blue Laced Red Wyandottes!! It is an old picture from before I watermarked all my pictures.

http://www.chickenhousesplus.com/fecheg.html

I have sent them an email telling them to take it down but other than an email that made no sense I have not heard anything back and the picture is still up.

Dishonest people just make me so mad.

ETA: The picture has been taken down.....

Last edited:
How irritating, I am so sorry. A friend of mine was once looking at horses on a public sales site and recognized her solid black filly in one of the photos. I guess the person who stole the photo thought any black foal would do for their ad. They took it down immediately once she emailed them.
I would love to learn how to watermark my photos that is a great idea.
~ Mary

Sorry this happened it seems to be happening a lot lately. There was another post about this but the person was using them on ebay. If they have these birds how hard is it to take their own pictures. Digital camera's are cheap now days. I hope they take the picture down soon.

At the bottom of their website it says "Copyright ChickenHousesPlus. All rights reserved 2008-2011". I just emailed them and told them they can't copyright stolen information. I also told them that I know of one photo that is stolen so I have to assume the rest are too, and if their stock isn't high enough quality for them to post pictures of, why would I want to buy their eggs.

Quote:
I just love you HEChicken!

I hadn't decided my plan of action yet. I'll contact them, too, just trying to decide which angle to take.

They have a toll free number........just keep asking to speak to the manager. Might just be a boiler room operation, but worth a try.

Last edited:
Quote:
I love it..Thanks!

I just got another email response from them.....they were very indignant with me
roll.png
but said they were going to take that page down today.....we'll see if it happens or not.

I agree that it wouldn't surprise me if all of the pictures are stolen.

Back
Top Bottom