Storey's Guide to Raising Turkeys, 3rd Edition Release is June 3rd

Demosthine

Songster
7 Years
Jun 26, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
For those interested, I just ordered Storey's Guide to Raising Turkeys. They are releasing the 3rd Edition early next month.

I'm looking at getting a few turkeys, since my wife wants one to name "Thanksgiving" and another named "Christmas." I'm thinking a Bronze, Golden Narragansett or Red Phoenix. I think it's too late in the year to start now, though, so it'll probably be happening next Spring.

For those interested, I just ordered Storey's Guide to Raising Turkeys.  They are releasing the 3rd Edition early next month.

I'm looking at getting a few turkeys, since my wife wants one to name "Thanksgiving" and another named "Christmas."  I'm thinking a Bronze, Golden Narragansett or Red Phoenix.  I think it's too late in the year to start now, though, so it'll probably be happening next Spring.

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup

For those interested, I just ordered Storey's Guide to Raising Turkeys. They are releasing the 3rd Edition early next month.

I'm looking at getting a few turkeys, since my wife wants one to name "Thanksgiving" and another named "Christmas." I'm thinking a Bronze, Golden Narragansett or Red Phoenix. I think it's too late in the year to start now, though, so it'll probably be happening next Spring.
My suggestion is get anything you can get your hands on and practice. THey will taste great no matter the age. I hatched my last batch sept 3 and wintered them over. One by one they are dinner.

Who is the writer editor on the 3rd edition-- Schrider??

My suggestion is get anything you can get your hands on and practice. THey will taste great no matter the age. I hatched my last batch sept 3 and wintered them over. One by one they are dinner.

Who is the writer editor on the 3rd edition-- Schrider??

I've processed a few chickens, so the turkey shouldn't be much different, except for needing a lot larger pot of hot water... I think I may have found a few sources, so it'll be good.

Yes, it's Don Schrider.

So, initially the release date was pushed back a week to June 10th. I just received an EMail today saying it is being delayed yet again, this time until December 3rd! That's a long way off. At this point, I'll was just going to cancel my order and get the second edition. Unfortunately, that's been removed from Amazon's website. I'll have to call and find out about that... Frustrating!

It's already out.I ordered a copy on Friday from Amazon and got it in mail Monday.I was wondering about what I had when I saw your post so I double checked the book and it is the 3rd edition.

I'm planning to get the print edition. I prefer books anyway to read the screen all the time.

Sorry they have delayed the kindle-- maybe a royality issue.

I enjoy the books, too, but the digital edition is so easily accessed while I'm at work through Chrome's Kindle Reader... No extra software to download or keep handy. It pulls it from Amazon on demand.

Back
Top Bottom