SUPER TINY CHICKEN EGG!!!

Aug 4, 2022
Canada
This morning I found a super tiny chicken egg. I have some pullets that just started laying is this normal? will they continue to lay tiny eggs? And what would happen if I incubated it?

Attachments

• 84B46764-0093-49ED-B2A1-6D1681624789.jpeg
    84B46764-0093-49ED-B2A1-6D1681624789.jpeg
    685 KB · Views: 21
This morning I found a super tiny chicken egg. I have some pullets that just started laying is this normal? will they continue to lay tiny eggs? And what would happen if I incubated it?
Its a fairy egg, the eggs go back to normal, should should try incubating it, most of mine have had yolks.

If it’s like the egg I got that size it did not have a yolk. Some do. Do you have a cockerel or rooster that you’ve seen mating with your pullers?

It’s just a fairy egg, nothing to worry about. They may occasionally lay these tiny eggs. You will not get a chick from the egg.
Basically from what I understand a fairy eggs is extra yolk or not a full egg that didn’t develop right. They’ll have a tiny to no yolk and are mostly white.
It will not be fertile. If you wanted to keep the egg ( I do this when mine lay fairy eggs) you can put it were it’s not gonna roll off and just let it set there. The yolk(if it has one) and white will become solid. It won’t stink or explode. Or you could poke a hole at each end of the egg and blow the yolk and white out.

Back
Top Bottom