Supposed to be three Welsummer pullets, Maybe, maybe not?

Woodsman Rick

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 12, 2017
We purchased three Welsummer pullets. They are 5-6 weeks old now. From the very beginning one had the markings suggesting maybe a rooster. Still looks different, but not developing a comb. Maybe not a rooster, maybe not a Welsummer? What do you think?

I tried posting a video, but couldn't. So I took a screenshot. The chick in the middle is the curious one. The other two seem consistent with Welsummer pullets.

Any input? Thank you!

Attachments

• All Welsummers? One rooster?.png
    All Welsummers? One rooster?.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 54
We purchased three Welsummer pullets. They are 5-6 weeks old now. From the very beginning one had the markings suggesting maybe a rooster. Still looks different, but not developing a comb. Maybe not a rooster, maybe not a Welsummer? What do you think?

I tried posting a video, but couldn't. So I took a screenshot. The chick in the middle is the curious one. The other two seem consistent with Welsummer pullets.

Any input? Thank you!
Could you post a clearer shot of that one? It’s blurry.

Here's another screenshot from my video focus on the curious chick.

Attachments

• Curious Chick.png
    Curious Chick.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 29
They are 5-6 weeks old now. From the very beginning one had the markings suggesting maybe a rooster. Still looks different, but not developing a comb.
Could be Wellies, both are pullets. No comb wattles color and breast feather have no black.

I tried posting a video, but couldn't.
Vids must be uploaded to youtube, or similar platform, then paste a link here.

I will post an image today sometime. When younger the one had the markings indicating cockerel, if it were really a Welsummer. I'm guessing now, probably not a Welsummer and probably a pullet. It sure does behave much differently than the other two. More outgoing, curious and seems quite intelligent. Another image later in the day...

A couple more images of the unknown variety. Just brought them out from the brooder inside the cottage again. Placed them into their temporary coop. They are on their way out in the images. They may stay outside for good now. They look to be fully feathered and low temps are not above 40 degrees F.
IMG_6078.JPG
IMG_6080.JPG

A couple more images of the unknown variety. Just brought them out from the brooder inside the cottage again. Placed them into their temporary coop. They are on their way out in the images. They may stay outside for good now. They look to be fully feathered and low temps are not above 40 degrees F.View attachment 3117369View attachment 3117370
I wonder if she'll get totally different adult feathers too. I'm not sure how common this is but I had an extra chick in my order and I swore she was a Partridge Orpington-had the right chick down and even started getting pencilled feathers. After she started molting out of her juvenile feathers she then started turning red and eventually was clearly a full-fledged Red Orpington. Where did you get this bird? I wonder if even a Cinnamon Queen is a possibility. Here's the progression of my girl, Mabel. Yours is looks to be turning red like the middle progression picture but time will tell!
F6023D4C-2B63-4AA4-A1C6-EB142F150531.jpeg

4440C72D-19A9-42C2-B5D1-3C24FFA7EF94.jpeg

9FC52875-10DD-4E3B-BCCA-D680B85DCE29.jpeg

D5EB7E9B-C0E4-4794-8123-938FBF8D95FF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom