Surviving Minnesota!

Thanks all,,
And EJB I am thinking of changing my name to Saint Ralphie I live such a good life...

I think I was visited by a bruin last night. They have never been here before. My bird feeders are on the ground and smashed. Bears belong to you northerners and not those of us in the Banana Belt.

This is why I think Bear. The hook my feeders hang on looked like this, the one on the ground. (right side of picture)

IMG_6872 (2).JPG

Below is what it should look like. I doubt the wind or a bird was big enough to straighten it.
IMG_6875 (2).JPG

the rest of the mess..
IMG_6872 (3).JPG

And what was left, my dogs sleep right next to the window with the feeders. I am guessing they were not barking at nothing when I yelled at them to "shut up"...

IMG_6873.JPG

I suppose I should finish my coffee and see what else it got into. I have a cure for bear problems, but it needs to be light enough for me to get a clean shot off.

that is pretty brave for a bear around here.. With all the dog smells and right next to the dining room window.

Yes they are way too brave and don't always scare away. I'm afraid to walk in the woods with the moms and cubs around. I could bring a hand gun but I might be afraid to use it.
:eek:

I don't think I would ever try a handgun on a bear. I have seen that end badly one too many times. I would walk with a 12ga and slugs..

They stop freight trains

The hand gun would be to hopefully scare it :oops:
I wouldn't want to walk around with a 12ga, if I was just out for a walk.

The bear would avoid you in the woods unless you got between it and it's cubs.

I handled a shooting once were a guy cocked his old WW2 .45. To scare a bear.

Just the sound of the cocking send the bear running, then the guy released the slide, it went off went through a baggie of tobacco he had in his pocket and smashed his camping buddies femur in two..

He should have just hit 2 pans together, or carried a gun he knew how to use...

My goal with the 12ga would be to make sure the bear never returns...

imagesgh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom