Surviving Minnesota!

Its a good thing the other mom kept the babies warm for her while she was gone lol!

I cant wait to see how your Barred Rock crosses turn out! I bet theyll be stunning!

I have a few Bantam Blue Cochin hens that I may toss with a Buff cockerel if I keep a buff pair. I may just keep the pullets and get rid of all the cockerels. I want to start getting away from hatching mutts and just hatch pure breeds. But we will see. I have all summer to think about it!

There are Standard Buff Cochins. I can get you contact info for some people if you ever want some. Otherwise I think Cackle or Murray McMurray might have them.
The info would be great, THANKS!! I would really like to find someone I could get eggs from next spring so I can slip them under one of my broodies
big_smile.png

Yes there are standard buffs McMurray has them, that's were i got my my buff chick.
I may sell 3 of my Cochin chicks all splashes and blues. I just have to wait a bit and see how they mature. I may be coming to Hutchinson so if you came there and still were looking for some. Or I might just hatch some out for selling later this month
I don't have the set up to introduce new chicks to the flock just yet but maybe next year when I add the addition on because then I will have a separate brooding area and another screened in area for a hospital/new bird intro set up.
big_smile.png
OH GAWD....I'm hooked! I want MORE chickens!!!! All different colors!
wee.gif

Hey - that is fishing opener and the DH will be up with the DS in a boat so I could experience one of these events. Hm m m m . . . .
hmm.png
the more the merrier for the Shepherds Harvest festival if you would like to meet us there
big_smile.png
My off grid homesteader friend is coming along for the ride with me.

Ralphie while I was on my walk tonight it started raining so I turned around. Will have to get pics tomorrow :/

Well I have another broody today. My last of the bantam cochins decided to join her sister and go broody. Guess I will have baby Guineas in about 25 days...

Her sister is a great Mom. This one is just nuts.

Ed, Her Dad comes from EJB, so I am assuming she picked up EJB's chick cuddling tendencies.
lau.gif

Please return defective birds to EJB.

She may not have had enough cuddling in her formative months, Ralphie you need to cuddle the pullets more.
The one that wears the bracelet is kind of nuts, just mildly.

I did a walk about here tonight. I think it's still early here. Idk. Saw a fiddle head. I didn't pick as it was an 'only' plus I didn't know if it was a 'quick step' or an ostrich fern. Jerry are they bitter at all or sweet like a pea or bean or like spinach?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom