Surviving Minnesota!

Good morning! Busy day here again. I'll be cleaning up garden beds of all the storm debris this morning. We have 4H this afternoon and I have a church to clean for an upcoming funeral. No lazy Sunday for me.
View attachment 1806442
Could be worse. I am grateful everytime our church has a funeral that it’s not mine..

I am just so busy now so I have bad to put my Jersey heifer up for sale. I may have found a family that is willing to milk her for the summer until I can find someone in the fall. If I had more time I would definitely keep her and show her. And her calf is getting big and cuter by the day, I can't wait to see the horns
View attachment 1806208 View attachment 1806209
Ugh, we are wanting to get a milk/nurse cow. But we aren't realistically set up to milk one right now and really won't for another year or so. Need a summer to switch everything over to "large animal" fencing etc. Just seems this year everyone is selling their milk cow, and we are missing out on so many good girls!

We might just get a couple feeder steers to keep the grass down for now. We sold off our herd of 40+ boer goats and our pasture is now a jungle. Our two horses and llama cant even make a dent in it.

In other news, Good Morning!

We finally...FINALLY got our garden in last night. I know we are really pushing it but it's just kind of how it worked out. We had to get a flight net over our chicken run, which turned into just remaking the whole thing. Our turkeys are huge babies and want to be with us if we are outside, including "helping" in the garden.

Ugh, we are wanting to get a milk/nurse cow. But we aren't realistically set up to milk one right now and really won't for another year or so. Need a summer to switch everything over to "large animal" fencing etc. Just seems this year everyone is selling their milk cow, and we are missing out on so many good girls!

We might just get a couple feeder steers to keep the grass down for now. We sold off our herd of 40+ boer goats and our pasture is now a jungle. Our two horses and llama cant even make a dent in it.

We finally...FINALLY got our garden in last night. I know we are really pushing it but it's just kind of how it worked out. We had to get a flight net over our chicken run, which turned into just remaking the whole thing. Our turkeys are huge babies and want to be with us if we are outside, including "helping" in the garden.

Grats,,

I have part of a garden in finally..

I put in tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage 3 days ago.

I got beans and cukes in last night. More today with luck.

She is a great milker, you just need somewhere to tie her up and she stands the whole time! If you are still interested later this year like in August let me know! Right now I have only found the family willing to just milk her for the summer

Back
Top Bottom