Surviving Minnesota!

I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 more days with 75 or 80 degree temps. I still have birds to wash for New Ulm and a few are the big fluffy buff orpington that need a warm summer breeze to dry them.

Is anyone else going to the New Ulm show on Saturday? It is sponsored by the Brown County Poultry and Pigeon Club.

Layers get that knee better. Do everything the docs tell you. You’ll be back at it before you know it.

Cindy I’m so sorry for your loss on the Wyandotte. We all lose them but it does not diminish the fact that we put some work and love into their care with some gifts back. Such an experience we get with these birds isn’t it? .

The first time I used blue kote I was very careful as I know what gentian does. What I didn’t expect was the chicken shaking her head where I applied and getting facial freckles of an unusual color!
Bluekote is a tincture and as MCM said it should dissolve away a bit with isopropyl alcohol.

Heading down to camp Ripley in a little bit with Momma. Celebration lakeside yesterday was beautiful and I know she smiled a bit liking it. But at the same time her Norwegian demure self saying it’s too much . Lol.
4778AEC9-EB23-4BEF-83AB-D15FA004AD43.jpeg

Layers get that knee better. Do everything the docs tell you. You’ll be back at it before you know it.

Cindy I’m so sorry for your loss on the Wyandotte. We all lose them but it does not diminish the fact that we put some work and love into their care with some gifts back. Such an experience we get with these birds isn’t it? .

The first time I used blue kote I was very careful as I know what gentian does. What I didn’t expect was the chicken shaking her head where I applied and getting facial freckles of an unusual color!
Bluekote is a tincture and as MCM said it should dissolve away a bit with isopropyl alcohol.

Heading down to camp Ripley in a little bit with Momma. Celebration lakeside yesterday was beautiful and I know she smiled a bit liking it. But at the same time her Norwegian demure self saying it’s too much . Lol.
View attachment 1903291

BC that is a beautiful and fitting tribute. May everyone whom she touched find peace in the memories she left behind.

Or here... I am worried about losing my tomatoes before I get to harvest them. :hmm

I am worried about my watermelon and muskmelons they are about the size of tennis balls and need about 60 more days of 70 degree weather.

I harvested one huge box of tomatoes and hope to get the rest this week.

Look what I got today! So pretty!

751A65A7-363B-49D5-8559-98C3B5FEE13C.jpeg

3363B8E5-43D7-4940-8E15-2D35A340DBF3.jpeg

The girls are suspicious but interested...

3D785F3B-8D55-4B62-BEB6-FDD7E4F4D8E7.jpeg

First model gettin’ all dolled up.

55E0A684-919E-4557-979C-C8AD318D5FDF.jpeg

Goldilocks headed out to see Gramma.

F0BFD5EE-3EB3-479F-8BB4-EE98DB151896.jpeg

Poor little girl... she’s the one who got the blukote on account of clumsy, overly-enthusiastic cock-boys. She looks snazzy now!

Two more to go, but I’ll have to wait until later... when they hop onto the roosts maybe I can do better at catching them. The saddles are really well-made and the girls look sweet! Thanks, @Auroradream26 !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom