Surviving Minnesota!

My chickens were not let out of the coop and run yesterday except for one hen. I have been noticing that some mornings a hen has been out before I released the birds and wondered if it was sneaking out, flying out of the run or what was going on ?
I attempted to catch the hen to put her where she belonged, but she would have none of it. I fed and watered all of my birds and had watched the direction this hen headed. With a fresh snowfall it was quite easy to track her down. I followed the tracks for about 100 yards and there she is hiding in some brush. She was not moving as she was sitting on a nest of eggs.
She is now back in the coop and run, and the predators can have the eggs.

My chickens were not let out of the coop and run yesterday except for one hen. I have been noticing that some mornings a hen has been out before I released the birds and wondered if it was sneaking out, flying out of the run or what was going on ?
I attempted to catch the hen to put her where she belonged, but she would have none of it. I fed and watered all of my birds and had watched the direction this hen headed. With a fresh snowfall it was quite easy to track her down. I followed the tracks for about 100 yards and there she is hiding in some brush. She was not moving as she was sitting on a nest of eggs.
She is now back in the coop and run, and the predators can have the eggs.
I pick up such eggs and such so the predators don't think this is a good place to find food

Hidden eggs. It depends if the hen is missing for long bits, but usually they get the float test and if they pass they're in my carton thereafter.

Don’t take this wrong but::::

ewwwwwww

C5D4D1E7-7BBC-4A52-A9DD-57B6867552E8.gif

Back
Top Bottom