Surviving Minnesota!

Grandson got released from hospital yesterday . Today we got tested for covid . Frustrating process . I have something just want to know what . Had covid and seemed recovered . Followed quarantine . My concern is if this is still covid then I could have spread it without symptoms .

So I am still under quarantine until Saturday . Wife is off quarantine and got some groceries .
Grandson got released from hospital yesterday . Today we got tested for covid . Frustrating process . I have something just want to know what . Had covid and seemed recovered . Followed quarantine . My concern is if this is still covid then I could have spread it without symptoms .
In MN they recommend that if you tested positive, to not get tested again for 90 days as you will naturally test positive again. (At least this is the case with my co-worker.) She tested positive in Early October, then she became ill with Pneumonia in mid November, retested for covid with positive result on Thanksgiving.

This COVID is some nasty crud. Prayers to you and your family that you all are able to kick it. Hubby's uncle has been on a ventilator for nearly 4 weeks and been on the ECHMO machine for a little over 2 weeks now. (ECHMO is a fancy machine that oxygenates and cools the blood and does the work of both the heart and lungs.) He is a healthy active 56 year old guy.

On the hunting front.....yes it is true the hunters of Mayhew Lake did have a plentiful harvest, but they were all taken legally and during normal shooting hours. :)

The 14 year old hunter that has been most successful has recently broadened his hunting scope to also include, possum and racoon. Saturday was a bountiful day for him. As a mother I had to laugh a bit because his final words to Saturday's varmint, were...."If you would not leave your $hit laying around in my nicely cleaned grainery, I could have let you go on good behavior."

In MN they recommend that if you tested positive, to not get tested again for 90 days as you will naturally test positive again. (At least this is the case with my co-worker.) She tested positive in Early October, then she became ill with Pneumonia in mid November, retested for covid with positive result on Thanksgiving.

This COVID is some nasty crud. Prayers to you and your family that you all are able to kick it. Hubby's uncle has been on a ventilator for nearly 4 weeks and been on the ECHMO machine for a little over 2 weeks now. (ECHMO is a fancy machine that oxygenates and cools the blood and does the work of both the heart and lungs.) He is a healthy active 56 year old guy.

On the hunting front.....yes it is true the hunters of Mayhew Lake did have a plentiful harvest, but they were all taken legally and during normal shooting hours. :)

The 14 year old hunter that has been most successful has recently broadened his hunting scope to also include, possum and racoon. Saturday was a bountiful day for him. As a mother I had to laugh a bit because his final words to Saturday's varmint, were...."If you would not leave your $hit laying around in my nicely cleaned grainery, I could have let you go on good behavior."
I am still waiting to see when his hunting classes start, I need a front row seat.

I left my stand at 5:20 last night. I had to do some after hours clean up.

At 17:58 the first deer appeared on my cameras. The last one left at 5:12 this morning.

It appears 7 deer were there overnight. 2 nice bucks.

I arrived to my stand at 5:30.

I guess I have the day shift the deer the night shift.

Morning . Let me be the first to say I am dreaming of a brown Christmas . Snow is no longer fun for me .
Ralphie not wishing bad luck but the first time you have a misfire you may reconsider a muzzle loader . For me it was the unloading and cleaning . Too much . I prefer modern . If you travel to and from your spot in a vehicle it legally has to be unloaded .

Morning . Let me be the first to say I am dreaming of a brown Christmas . Snow is no longer fun for me .
Ralphie not wishing bad luck but the first time you have a misfire you may reconsider a muzzle loader . For me it was the unloading and cleaning . Too much . I prefer modern . If you travel to and from your spot in a vehicle it legally has to be unloaded .

The only season open is bow and muzzleloader. I am traveling less than 200 ft from the house.

that way if I need a coffee refill I just need to text the WW and she will run it out to me. (Any bets on if that works?)

5 days to go and I move on to rabbits, squirrels and fish.

That depends on which state you are in. In Wyoming it is legal although not advised to travel with loaded weapons.

One year they had a typo in the rules that said it was required to have the weapons loaded.

Ralphie, at your age and physical condition you ought to qualify for a crossbow. Less troublesome than muzzle loader and quieter.
You could practice on varmints from your condo and not disturb the deer.

I never got a shot at a deer with the muzzle loader . Our season is coming this weekend . You need a really good spot this late . So to stay legal you fire it to unload then have to clean with hot soapy water . That hole is very important as it plugs up during cleaning . So if you went morning and evening you had to fire and clean 6 time in the 3 day season . Deal breaker for me .

Ralphie, at your age and physical condition you ought to qualify for a crossbow. Less troublesome than muzzle loader and quieter.
You could practice on varmints from your condo and not disturb the deer.

At 60 anyone can use a crossbow.

I sold my crossbow a couple months ago. I didn’t care for it and the string was getting worn. I plan to get a new.

Because I hunt my own land. I loaded it the night before season and it has been loaded since. I keep a balloon on the barrel to keep the powder dry. It uses powder pellets and a sabot bullet. It fires with a primer.

I have a second muzzleloader I have not loaded this year. It is a little harder to use. It uses powder and has a flash pan. There is a long delay between pulling the trigger and the actual bang.

On that one I have to wait for the black cloud to clear to see if I hit anything.

Neither has a scope, I am thinking of entering a lottery for a pair of scopes and mounts this next year.

I decided to hunt with muzzleloaders at the last moment this year. Next year I will have a better stand. The muzzleloaders are extremely accurate at 200 yards. With a bow I limited to 40 yards.

I could hunt at my place in Togo, but the wolves have destroyed hunting there it’s bucks only and I haven’t seen a buck there in 10 years. Unless, we call male wolves bucks.. 😂🤣

I never got a shot at a deer with the muzzle loader . Our season is coming this weekend . You need a really good spot this late . So to stay legal you fire it to unload then have to clean with hot soapy water . That hole is very important as it plugs up during cleaning . So if you went morning and evening you had to fire and clean 6 time in the 3 day season . Deal breaker for me .
I just clean the hole with a paper clip.
Do you use barrel butter?

Back
Top Bottom