Surviving Minnesota!

Of course! Here it is written just as it is on my recipe card from her:
2 lbs cabbage shredded
1 green pepper chopped
3 carrots shredded
3/4 c chopped onion
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar (I usually cute to 1 3/4 or 1 1/2)
1 tsp mustard
1/2 cup water
1 cup vinegar (I use apple cider)
1 tsp celery seed

Combine cabbage, green pepper, carrots and onion. Let stand 1 hour and then drain. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, boil 3 mins. Cool. Pour over cabbage mix and let stand 5 min. Stir well. Freeze in jars or plastic freezer boxes (anyone remember these--my mom used to make jam in them). Seal, label and freeze.

and then when you are ready to eat, just let it thaw in the fridge and eat within 5-7 days.
Ugh. I tried to forget about freezer slaw.. my grandma used to make it and poke it down ya for supper in the winter months. 🤢

Fresh creamy coleslaw or none i say! :old (or as us southies call it CO-SLAA)

The texture is ALL wrong. I'd rather take a straight shot of vinager out the bottle.

Ugh. I tried to forget about freezer slaw.. my grandma used to make it and poke it down ya for supper in the winter months. 🤢

Fresh creamy coleslaw or none i say! :old (or as us southies call it CO-SLAA)

The texture is ALL wrong. I'd rather take a straight shot of vinager out the bottle.
I just got rid of 8 crammed full grocery bags of milkweed pods. Look at all the seeds you could have had.

Ok good fishing report . Me and my nephew got our limit of sunfish this morning . Nice size . Worms and leeches for bait . In about 20 feet of water . Never fished this deep for sunfish . They are where you find them .

Back
Top Bottom