Susie's Story

I got Susie, a Jackabee, when she was a year old. She's 13 now. She is a very happy and outgoing pupper, so when she suddenly became shy, about a year ago, i knew something was up. I examined her and found what felt to be a cyst on her stomach near one of her nipples. I thought nothing of it as it grew during a year to the size of a half ping pong ball. After all, I'd read of many cysts that size. Then... It grew to a tennis ball. And busted. Within a few weeks. So i washed her in Dawn and ran her to the vet. My favourite vet( fav because he cares more about animals than income) said, *it's breast cancer, needs to be removed, but i cant do it. I'm retiring next week. *

Great. So i researched and researched. Finally i got in touch with another local vet whom i could afford. She estimated 744.00 compared to others 1500.00.
So i booked an appt and in she went.
After a early morning surgery and a full day at the animals hospital, i went to get her. They had sliced an entire side of her belly open and gone deep, they said, and also removed the lymph node. And i went home with some pain med and a sleepy Suz.
A few days later, her leg nearest the incision swelled up. So i email some pics to the vet. She says it is draining into the leg. So she gave me some antibiotics for her. And home we went again.

It has been a long month of restricted recovery, but, long story short, she is happy and healthy again.
With many more years of love in her.
I love you Suz. Thank you for making me happy.

Attachments

• 20230326_164009.jpg
    20230326_164009.jpg
    924.3 KB · Views: 4
I got Susie, a Jackabee, when she was a year old. She's 13 now. She is a very happy and outgoing pupper, so when she suddenly became shy, about a year ago, i knew something was up. I examined her and found what felt to be a cyst on her stomach near one of her nipples. I thought nothing of it as it grew during a year to the size of a half ping pong ball. After all, I'd read of many cysts that size. Then... It grew to a tennis ball. And busted. Within a few weeks. So i washed her in Dawn and ran her to the vet. My favourite vet( fav because he cares more about animals than income) said, *it's breast cancer, needs to be removed, but i cant do it. I'm retiring next week. *

Great. So i researched and researched. Finally i got in touch with another local vet whom i could afford. She estimated 744.00 compared to others 1500.00.
So i booked an appt and in she went.
After a early morning surgery and a full day at the animals hospital, i went to get her. They had sliced an entire side of her belly open and gone deep, they said, and also removed the lymph node. And i went home with some pain med and a sleepy Suz.
A few days later, her leg nearest the incision swelled up. So i email some pics to the vet. She says it is draining into the leg. So she gave me some antibiotics for her. And home we went again.

It has been a long month of restricted recovery, but, long story short, she is happy and healthy again.
With many more years of love in her.
I love you Suz. Thank you for making me happy.
Awww....she's such a sweetheart. 💕 Dogs really become family members, it's tough when they get sick in anyway, epecially with cancer. I am so glad she is doing well now!!! :love Thanks for sharing her story!

Back
Top Bottom