Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Happy thanksgiving to you as well

raised 6 young out of the trio I got from you. all are turning out very nice. will be looking forward to getting one of your roosters out of your dark group in 2014

raised 6 young out of the trio I got from you. all are turning out very nice. will be looking forward to getting one of your roosters out of your dark group in 2014
Great to hear from you. The last group that I hatched out were from the roo that you took, and they have turned out beautifully! I almost regretted selling him. So glad that they have turned out well for you as well. I cull my young roos quite young, so if there is something in particular that you are looking for let me know and I'll watch for him.

speaking of roos... I've got some more that are shaping up to look like roos, so if anyone needs another roo or 3, let me know. I'll be travelling to Knoxville next weekend for the show and am already delivering 2 chicklets, so a couple more isn't a big deal. I've decided to sell my kytinpusher crested roo too (started out black but has developed some color now too) but I'm keeping my 'confetti' roo from her. the other roos are from wildhorseannie and Leigh.

no pullets available at this time, but probably in the spring once we have some grown out and can pick which ones are staying...

I live close to you so if you ever wanted to use the rooster over any of your hens you'd be welcome to use him. He has a good personality and is very people friendly. I set a dozen eggs under one of the hens but a snake got all but eight of them before I saw it in the nest. five of the six young are crested. the only one with out a crest was a red and white rooster and I don't plan on keeping him. All the young were blue base so I'd like to get a black base non crested rooster. I'll probably raise some of my own when I put two of the blue base birds together but the rooster out of your newer hens will not be as closely related to what I have now.

Your flock is progressing very nicely. Keep up the good work

When the weather dropped below freezing my 2 pullets that were laying decided it was too cold to continue laying. Looking forward to spring when I can hatch some SFHs for the first time.

Question about Rooster to hen ratio:

I have one rooster to four hens in my pens currently, and have great fertility rates. I'd like to add two more hens to one of those pens, making it six hens with one rooster. What are your experiences with fertility rates and the maximum number of nens to one rooster with the SFH?

hello all, I haven't been on in a while- just wondering if anyone else has had same experience with their SFH. mine started laying @ 5mo, got eggs pretty consistently for 2 wks, then 1 went broody, she hatched 2 chicks- since then NO eggs! It's been 4 mo, not a single egg from 5 hens? they all have been finished with their molt for over a month- still nothing... I'm about to give up on them!

Back
Top Bottom