Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki4got

the second roo doesn't look like anything I've seen before, as Leigh said, the first has a huge crest. I would pass on both of them. if you can't find a roo with a normal single comb AND mottling (aka flowers) I would say take the hens and pass on the roos, we'll find you a better roo. LOL there are always extra roos... many more that are more correct, and most just need a good home IMO. the girls I can sell, the boys we practically give away if it'll be a good home sometimes.

Thank you both! I actually think the one with the odd comb is a mix now looking at the other breeds they have.
They have some very pretty pullets/hens that I'm excited about.
What about this guy, is he SFH?

the qotes are all messed up. LOL it wouldn't let me open the pic while in the quote box so I put it 'outside the box' LOL.

YES! he's a very nice gff sfh. very much like many of the roos I've seen from there, actually. from Soren, one of their primary roosters I think?

Last edited:

the qotes are all messed up. LOL it wouldn't let me open the pic while in the quote box so I put it 'outside the box' LOL.

YES! he's a very nice gff sfh. very much like many of the roos I've seen from there, actually. from Soren, one of their primary roosters I think?

lol sorry, I was uploading from my phone. HA! He's the roo I liked but he threw me with his colors. Sweet, so I have my roo.
wee.gif

I appreciate you guys giving me feedback. I think I've decided on the quad I'm going to keep. I can hardly wait to see the first babies!

Thank
Quote: YES!! And quite lovely!

for some updated pics... I got the oldest indoor chicks pic'd today... thinking 4 pullets 2 roos.
the number is their wing band #, for ease of my memory.
wink.png

all hatched from AL marked eggs. (Leigh? k.i.forgot again...) hatched on November 29th.

blue mille pullet #336
black mille pullet #337
another blue mille pullet #338 (I think this girl's going to stay...)
another black mille pullet # 339
black mille roo # 340 (the loud colored boys are always my favorites)
blue calico roo #341
Al - because of the timing and the colors it must have been Alma and not Ali.

Alma - top row, 4th from the left. My biggest girl.

Quote:
I would love to find a roo. I have a beautiful roo, he is a mile, but he has split wing
sad.png

I am located in Ohio!

Time for a road trip to VA!

Quote: beautiful coloring BDM, have not been on here in a long while & have missed seeing everyone's pics & conversation. this was a nice one to come back to!

LOL - Thank you! And you do realize I take that as an open invitation to share more? LOL!
(Folks - stop me if I'm getting annoying with the photos!)

Last edited:
nope. not gonna happen. LOL btw. I love this girl. if you get another, I want!

Yeah - we need to figure out how to reproduce this coloration. I'm thinking if I breed her to Mace (black-based Mille Fleur), this red-muting gene could be passed along to up to 25% of the offspring if it is recessive (which it probably is) - would that be correct, Ki4got?

And if nobody objects, I hereby name this coloration "Snow Leopard." I'd LOVE to be able to breed plenty more of these!

Last edited:
More pictures?? OK - you asked for it - but I should stop before people start crying fowl.
lol.png

Severus

Just something about hearts and flowers!

Blue & Mace

Mace

Ginger

Ginger

Ginger

Alma

Back
Top Bottom