Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Ooo, maybe I'm a little better at this than I thought! Lol, thanks. At what age (weeks) do you guys find sexing to be pretty tell-tell?
by 12 to 13 weeks I am 100% sure of all of them but most are pretty accurate by 7 or 8 weeks. The crested ones take the longest

Looks like a pullet to me.

I had another SFH hatch some eggs. I hadn't seen two of my hens in a while and found out they'd been camping out on nests inside of some crate-boxes. I tried moving them to the broody hutches but to no avail! They wouldn't settle back down so I returned them to their original places. The eggs they were setting were of various stages of development and two have hatched so far- one black-based mille fleur and one blue-based mille fleur. The second hen was trying to steal the babies from the first, so I moved her and the two chicks to a broody hutch and they seem quite content together. The first one is still sitting on some eggs. I'm not sure what will hatch as she had some EE eggs beneath her.

I have a friend that is looking for some Swedish Flower pullets, hens, she is a great chicken keeper, and has a nice tractor for them alone. She lives in central Va, and for the right girls will travel to get them. Anyone got any you g girls for sale?

I have a friend that is looking for some Swedish Flower pullets, hens, she is a great chicken keeper, and has a nice tractor for them alone. She lives in central Va, and for the right girls will travel to get them. Anyone got any you g girls for sale?
I'm between Roanoke and Blacksburg with a few pullets left... they're somewhere around 8-12 weeks old. she can email me ki4got at kmvfarm dot com (to prevent bots...)

Quote: At 5 weeks, my guess is cockerel.
hide.gif
Your crested boy is quite handsome also.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom