Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Love how my 10 SFH chicks are growing up! They're so different every day. And is that not a Fabio shot in the sunset or what? Lol.

Hello Swedish Flower hen lovers, I have a friend that is looking for some nicely colored SFH, to raise with her other 6 chicken flock. They need to be in the central, to south region of VA, and old enough to to not need supplemental heat this winter. She is looking for 3 to 4 pullets and maybe a cockerel.

Just wanted to share some pics of the sfh I´ve decided to keep out of this year´s hatches

I love this boy. He´s getting such a broad chest, is turning out beautiful, and is a real sweetheart, too. Behind him and to the left are two of his younger sisters.

This is going to be a hard decision. Would like to keep one of these two boys, but haven´t been able to decide, yet. Going to keep them both a little while longer and let them mature and see how they turn out. Would be happy for any opinions here:

And here are some of the girls:

:

Not sure how to start a different conversation without seeming to butt in and not starting a new topic in General discussions,
:(, but wanted to introduce my two SFH's. I only have two a hen and rooster, purchased from GFF last March.
Here is my Roo,

"Sven"

Here is my hen, "Elsa"

I definately want to get more of these beautiful birds. I am hooked.

Need advice. I have 2 SFH (1 pullet and 1 cockerel) that are 4 months old. They are in a mixed flock ranging in age from 2 years to 4 weeks. The two SFH were brooder-mates, so they are constantly together and have a close bond. The SFH cockerel is the only cockerel in the flock. Unfortunately, the cockerel is over-zealous in trying to mate the pullet SFH. He's approx. 2 pounds larger than she is, and the frequent chasing and mounting attempts have left her with a limp in the past couple of days. Is it best to isolate the cockerel from the flock for a while to give her leg time to heal and also give her time to grow a bit more? If so, for how long? Will this amorous pursuit slack off a bit as he matures? Or, should I isolate the SFH pullet? I'm more concerned about her losing rank in the flock due to her small size.

Need advice.  I have 2 SFH (1 pullet and 1 cockerel) that are 4 months old.  They are in a mixed flock ranging in age from 2 years to 4 weeks.  The two SFH were brooder-mates, so they are constantly together and have a close bond.  The SFH cockerel is the only cockerel in the flock.  Unfortunately, the cockerel is over-zealous in trying to mate the pullet SFH.  He's approx. 2 pounds larger than she is, and the frequent chasing and mounting attempts have left her with a limp in the past couple of days.  Is it best to isolate the cockerel from the flock for a while to give her leg time to heal and also give her time to grow a bit more?  If so, for how long?  Will this amorous pursuit slack off a bit as he matures?  Or, should I isolate the SFH pullet?  I'm more concerned about her losing rank in the flock due to her small size.   
I'd isolate her and him both. The Cockerel needs to learn that's not acceptable and the pulled needs time to heal where the others can not pick on her. Usually once they see an injured bird they will all gang up on that one bird.

Beautiful! I would want to keep all of them!

Thank-you!

Not sure how to start a different conversation without seeming to butt in and not starting a new topic in General discussions,
:(, but wanted to introduce my two SFH's. I only have two a hen and rooster, purchased from GFF last March.
Here is my Roo,

"Sven"

Here is my hen, "Elsa"

I definately want to get more of these beautiful birds. I am hooked.
Very beautiful birds. Don´t want to bring in negative vibes, but I´m not sure the roo looks like sfh to me, especially looking at the barring on his saddle feathers and neck. Are you sure he was sold to you as a sfh? I may be wrong- would be interested to know if anyone else has an opinion. The girl definitely looks like sfh, though.

That is so interesting. I love comments and feedback like that. I am never offended as there is so much to learn.

I purchased him from GFF as a chick in March of this year. I have chickie pictures of him, too.

Back
Top Bottom