Swollen leg, foot to hock blue green colour! Please help!

If you need to restrict movement so she can rest it, then a crate is best. I would not wrap the legs together. If there is a fracture, that could just cause more problems. If it hurts, they tend to limit themselves activity wise, but crating can lessen the risk of hurting it worse. If you need to get the weight off, then a chicken sling for periods during the day can help (I will attach images below). You do need to supervise, some birds tolerate them well, some freak out and you don't want her to injure herself worse trying to get out of it. I wouldn't splint unless you are fairly sure you have a fracture, I will also attach a manual explaining how to splint if needed and how to examine for a fracture. You can splint feathered legs, it just takes more effort. Wrap just tight enough to hold the splint in place and wrap with the feathers going in the direction they naturally grow. One of the sling pictures below has a roo with feathered legs in a splint. Greenstick fractures may not look displaced, but can still be painful. It also may just be a bad sprain. Maybe got a leg or foot hung up somewhere, they can hurt themselves struggling to get loose. With Brahma's even a too far jump can cause injury due to their heavier weight. If swelling is coming down and bruising seems to be improving, then I'd just continue the soaks and watch, restrict activity as needed.
View attachment 3374172
View attachment 3374173
View attachment 3374174
View attachment 3374175
how do you have the dishes attached? View attachment 3374175

Back
Top Bottom