Taking a Poll: how many weeks until your EE/OEs started laying?

How many weeks to lay for your EE/OEs?

• <20 weeks

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 20-24 weeks

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 25-28 weeks

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 29-32 weeks

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • >32 weeks

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I have to say I have had the opposite experience with my EErs: They are at the higher end of the pecking order but in a non-aggresive manor. Mine came from two different hatcheries and look very similair and both are extremely friendly. In face the older of the two who is 24 weeks old...when out free ranging with occasional fly up on my shoulder or onto the back of the chair I am sitting on and scold me until I give her attn. The younger one-when I pick her up closes her eyes and makes baby noises (18 wks). I have heard that they vary a lot in personality, pcking order, color, etc... Neat birds!

Mine is thee most skittish chicken I have. She is on the bottom of the pecking order. She is the only one that I can not catch and hold. I used to hold them all when they were chicks but she just got more and more skittish the older she got.

Mine is thee most skittish chicken I have. She is on the bottom of the pecking order. She is the only one that I can not catch and hold. I used to hold them all when they were chicks but she just got more and more skittish the older she got.
One of my easter eggers was impossible to catch. She was horrible to get in the coop if we left for an evening out this summer.... She just wanted to go back to the coop in her own time...lol. Any how now that's she's started laying eggs, she is very easy to pick up...She's the first in line for food...and just so SMART. She has a ton of personality.

Well it HAPPENED!!! At just exactly 30 weeks, I got my first olive eggs yesterday! My hypothesis is that since they have marans in them, that might be why they took so long.

Last edited:
29 weeks and waiting on Miss Violet Yet....
Hang in there...
fl.gif

20-24 weeks but it really depends with the individual bird it can go up or down!
yippiechickie.gif
smile.png
smile.png
big_smile.png
wink.png
cool.png

Last edited:
I have two EE's and we are beginning to wonder if they will ever lay. They are in the 30 week area, I think even over 32 weeks. Their combs are only a light pink, and they don't look ready to lay yet. Beautiful birds but i am getting impatient lol

Back
Top Bottom