Tax on Chicken Feed

Update:

I was able to get through to one tax office, which led me to another. The hold time was too long. Fortunately, I received a callback from the head manager of the chain, and he admitted their computer system was incorrect, and has been wrongfully charging tax for the past few months. They are working to update their system, and it sounds like they will get back to me.

In the meantime, I had contacted other stores I found that sell, scratch and pack, and I found a local store that not only is cheaper and has a better reward program, but will also deliver to me for free. So I guess this annoyance ended up paying off!

So neither county should be charging tax. I will be discussing how to be refunded by the chain the taxes I have had to pay that I shouldn’t have been charged for. Unfortunately I have a feeling it won’t be simple.

Update:

I was able to get through to one tax office, which led me to another. The hold time was too long. Fortunately, I received a callback from the head manager of the chain, and he admitted their computer system was incorrect, and has been wrongfully charging tax for the past few months. They are working to update their system, and it sounds like they will get back to me.

In the meantime, I had contacted other stores I found that sell, scratch and pack, and I found a local store that not only is cheaper and has a better reward program, but will also deliver to me for free. So I guess this annoyance ended up paying off!

So neither county should be charging tax. I will be discussing how to be refunded by the chain the taxes I have had to pay that I shouldn’t have been charged for. Unfortunately I have a feeling it won’t be simple.
It sounds like they want to make it right. However, should things stall don't be afraid to lawyer up and class action them. Calls to the state as well or the media.

All the feed stores in California that I've been to have a form you can fill out for when you're feeding livestock & not pets or horses. Whenever I buy my ducks a bag of rolled corn, I have to remind them to take the tax off since it's for poultry, not horses.

All the feed stores in California that I've been to have a form you can fill out for when you're feeding livestock & not pets or horses. Whenever I buy my ducks a bag of rolled corn, I have to remind them to take the tax off since it's for poultry, not horses.
Florida: This tax thing is complicated
California: Hold my beer.

:lau

Florida: This tax thing is complicated
California: Hold my beer.

:lau
1681322592215.png

Back
Top Bottom