tea time recipes?

my favorite tea "recipe" right now is to brew a bag of Sleepytime Tea Extra Sleepy every night. I have no idea what valarian root is, but I sleep so much better when I have a cup before bed. Way better than melatonin, which I can't take for more than 3 nights in a row. I'm stocking up. lol.

I pick the petals and rose hips off of our rose bushes during the summer. I also pick the flowers/leaves from the wild common mallow and the seeds from the milk thistle that grows here. I dry them, crush them with a pestle and save them in glass jars for the winter. I have linen tea bags that I use for brewing and stir in a little that I honey I get from a local family that raises their own bees. It's nothing fancy, but I like the taste of it and there is just something about a hot cup of tea that you foraged for.

Edit: My favorite brand of store bought is Republic of Tea and their tea called "The Queens Cake" is my favorite. I was never a fruity tea lover, but The Queens Cake gets my vote!

Last edited:
I make mint and lemon balm tea. -boil the mint and lemon balm leaves, remove, and add honey. I always love chamomile, too.

As for "store bought" tea, I love Harney & Sons hot cinnamon spice tea!

I will share with you two of my favorite tea recipes:

Lavender Chamomile Tea

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers, 1 tablespoon dried chamomile flowers.

Instructions:
Steep the lavender flowers and chamomile flowers in hot water for 5-7 minutes. Strain and enjoy the soothing blend.

Ginger Lemon Honey Tea

Ingredients:
1-inch fresh ginger root (sliced), 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey.

Instructions:
Add the ginger slices to a cup of boiling water and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and honey, and stir well.

The second recipe is the one I serve to my guests, I'm brewing between half a gallon and 1 gallon each time.
A useful tip for those who often prepare tea for their guests, and they are always wrong with the quantity, you should know that there are around 16 servings in a gallon of tea.
But of course it also depends on the size of the cups you have. See the article to find out how to calculate the amount of tea correctly each time, depending on your cup's sizing.

Back
Top Bottom