Texas

thats why you use shot not slugs... 410 would be good for varmint i think... you would be shootin at the ground... use bird shot and not buck shot you should be fine...
then again youre in cypress... are they blonde foxes ? i worked security at the academy and marshals shopping center in tomball and saw a couple blonde foxes over there....

I've always had success with wet cat food for catching coons, the young ones, anyway. I can't seem to get the larger adults caught. Foxes? I've had no success at all. They used to den under my barn, but we sealed that up, so now they den under the neighbors barn and come grab my hens when the kits start needing extra food. It's infuriating. Don't know how to shoot and in a subdivision, I wouldn't trust a gun anyway. Too many ways things can go wrong as a bullet won't just stop at a property line.

thats why you use shot not slugs... 410 would be good for varmint i think... you would be shootin at the ground... use bird shot and not buck shot you should be fine...
then again youre in cypress... are they blonde foxes ? i worked security at the academy and marshals shopping center in tomball and saw a couple blonde foxes over there....

I've been told that they're red foxes - looks a lot like our dog, Callie, who is golden retreiver/border collie mix. Seems like everyone in my family has seen that fox running across the yard but me.
with all the stuff happening in Cypress, gun shots would probably go un noticed.

but if need be, a decent pellet gun can and will discourage a fox, even forever if shot placement is accurate.

have a buddy, that traps squirrels in his back yard, and dispatches them in the trap this way.

Newbie to egg hatching from an incubator. been years since I've had any chickens.

I live in the southeastern corner of the Texas Panhandle. 8 miles from the Oklahoma border along the Red River.

Just started my 12 Bielefelder eggs late last nite in a 48 egg incubator.

Anybody else in the Panhandle area? or the Western edge of Oklahoma?

Newbie to egg hatching from an incubator. been years since I've had any chickens.

I live in the southeastern corner of the Texas Panhandle. 8 miles from the Oklahoma border along the Red River.

Just started my 12 Bielefelder eggs late last nite in a 48 egg incubator.

Not from the panhandle, but
welcome-byc.gif

I just now set my very first eggs in the incubator (Cream Legbars from my girls). Excited and nervous!

- Ant Farm

Just started my 12 Bielefelder eggs late last nite in a 48 egg incubator.

Me! Just south of Amarillo. Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom