Texas

HI! I'm located midway between Palestine, Corsicana, Malakoff, & Athens. I have 3 dogs (2 boxers & a wirehaired dachshund) & 14 chickens as of yesterday... 6 hens & 8 little chicks from 2 days old to almost 1 week old. They are a mixed lot
My husband started this chicken keeping thing a little over a year ago, but I was drafted into it. It has really changed my life. Not kidding! We built a new house in the countryside & sold our place in town. I'm still in shock! I don't even eat eggs!

HI! I'm located midway between Palestine, Corsicana, Malakoff, & Athens. I have 3 dogs (2 boxers & a wirehaired dachshund) & 14 chickens as of yesterday... 6 hens & 8 little chicks from 2 days old to almost 1 week old. They are a mixed lot
My husband started this chicken keeping thing a little over a year ago, but I was drafted into it. It has really changed my life. Not kidding! We built a new house in the countryside & sold our place in town. I'm still in shock! I don't even eat eggs!

Hi. I love your area of Texas. It crazy how these little creatures grow on you. Don't forget, we love pics!

Welcome!
I heart boxers. :love I need more!

Hi Im in Celina Tx. Looking to get backyard chickens soon. So far one dog, two cats and a rabbit. Any advice for my area is appriciated.
Build your coop and pen before you get chicks. Plan ahead. I would plan and build during Fall and Winter and raise a bunch of chicks in the Spring. “Mama Heating Pad” works great down here. A good setup will save you a lot of trouble and heartache.

I’m just outside of Red Oak. Welcome aboard.

My neighbor’s mom liked my chickens and ran out and bought 3 chicks. My neighbor is having to scramble to keep the chicks from outgrowing their enclosures. My neighbor mentions this situation often. He works 60 hrs/wk and is building a chicken pen in his spare time for his mom. Good times.

Thank you I pick up my coop in Gainesville on Saturday from a man that builds great quality coops. Texas Ranch Hen Houses. I ordered my chicks and got all needed supplies ready for brooder. Ive been planning this for a year. Im super excited and have watched 100s of vlogs on permaculture and chickens . Lets see how i do. My dream would be to have a homestead but one thing at a time. Thanks again for your input. Im sure i will need help along the way. Lori

Hi Im in Celina Tx. Looking to get backyard chickens soon. So far one dog, two cats and a rabbit. Any advice for my area is appriciated.
Howdy, I use to live near Weston, Tx. There were a few peeps around there that raised lots of poultry. Might want to ask around, the Wisdoms, several brothers use to raise all kinds of poultry in that area.

Hey yall! Thought I’d introduce myself all the way from Lamesa, TX. For those of you who have never heard of it (I’m sure 99% of you haven’t) it’s a little hole in the wall located in West Texas between midland and lubbock! Any fellow west Texans here?

Hey yall! Thought I’d introduce myself all the way from Lamesa, TX. For those of you who have never heard of it (I’m sure 99% of you haven’t) it’s a little hole in the wall located in West Texas between midland and lubbock! Any fellow west Texans here?
I know where Lamesa is....been there plenty of times. You know where Muleshoe is?

Back
Top Bottom