Texas

Looks like this one is getting torn apart by the shear winds. Put the loop on 120 and take a look!
https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/GOES16_sector_band.php?sector=taw&band=02&length=24

I think the disturbance that just formed off of Cape Verde is one to watch? Already showing signs of rotation!
1598928069753.png
wg8shr (1).gif

It looks to me like it has plenty of room to spin up. Just on my needs to be watched list.

Hello guys. Not from Texas, but I'm incredibly curious of a few things. I'm writing a magazine article about a program in Austin that gives rebates to people getting started with chickens. Austin gives people 75$ through the City of Austin Home Composting Rebate Program.
https://austintexas.gov/department/chicken-keeping-rebate-program
If you guys have a second for a couple questions, please reply! 🙌
Has anyone here used that? Or have even heard of it? How much are they advertising this program? I'm also interested in running a couple pictures of Texas coops and chickens with the article if anyone would like to be featured, I really want to bring awareness to this program to help out some possible new chicken owners.

Hello guys. Not from Texas, but I'm incredibly curious of a few things. I'm writing a magazine article about a program in Austin that gives rebates to people getting started with chickens. Austin gives people 75$ through the City of Austin Home Composting Rebate Program.
https://austintexas.gov/department/chicken-keeping-rebate-program
If you guys have a second for a couple questions, please reply! 🙌
Has anyone here used that? Or have even heard of it? How much are they advertising this program? I'm also interested in running a couple pictures of Texas coops and chickens with the article if anyone would like to be featured, I really want to bring awareness to this program to help out some possible new chicken owners.
(Edit to reinstall the quote for this reply)
I'm up in DFW. My fellow weather g33ks(storm chit-chats right before your posting) are also not exactly Austin regional area either.
** If you click on the users ID /avatar you can see "usually" where in the world they live.
As for coop pics; you could poke around the coop building threads or articles and ask folks if they would be comfy letting you reference their coops (from all over the world) as there are so many great designs. The details on protecting from predators be they avian or terrestrial is very good as well. Yes alot of Texans happen to have a lot of talks on ventilation because of the heat but, we don't have to "corner on this market either " (smirks). The article idea sound cool. The grant is a nice gesture to for the city coop folks just the same.

Good luck "batman". I'd like to see what you finish up with. Care to keep us in the loop here in this thread?

I definitely will! I'm super excited about this one. I think it's such a great program and I want to reach out to other major cities to see if they might want to adopt something similar once it's published.
Well, as you found the Texas thread you should already see the other states, regional and country specific threads too.

Well, as you found the Texas thread you should already see the other states, regional and country specific threads too.
I'd love to talk to the people who live there, but I am more thinking along the lines of connecting with the agriculture cooperative extensions in the area or local government. Maybe both, we'll see. :D

Back to the weather reports..... We lost power from that last wave of Heavy T-storms. COSERV says we will hopefully have power restored in our area by 7:30 tonight.....

In a giggle moment: one kiddo was in the beginning of taking a test online.

I just called the school and updated them on the situation and they were like "(gulp) Uuummmm, okay, I'll send an email out immediately system wide."

Back
Top Bottom