Texas

They are buff silkies and self blue d'uccles they were seperated from the other 12 chicks because they were gettin run over..... the one with the bum foot is getting better from the looks of things. I made a micro-splint for her.... boy do they eat! Lol. So far the 16 that we just got have eaten more than the 8 originals we got just before Easter! PIGS! Lol hopfully we have m/f pairs so when they start laying ill hatch some fer yas! That will give us a reason for a road trip! We've got some good layer stock too! Black sexlinks, minorcas, wyandottes, and cochins.... I ordered st runs but I think they sent m/f pairs of those as well! Lots of roos that will need to be culled or sold in 6-8 months! DW has named hers "fried and dumplins" lol so we know what they will be used for! MWAH AHAH!

Oops, was suppose to type splash silkies instead of white. But I was wrong on that, too. I have heard that silkies usually are bullied. Don't know anything about the d'uccles. I will have to look them up. Glad to hear the little chicks foot is doing better. Yes, they are all little piggies here. I hope you have prs, too. I would love to get some from you later since I believe I have a few roos in my batch, too. When I get rid of the extra roos then I can replace them with some more pullets. As long as I only have 12 DH won't care. What a set of names she decided to use. :lol: I haven't named any of mine yet. Guess I better get to it. You have quite a variety of chickens. Sounds good. :D

LOL. I believe most of ours will have all cartoon character names. My great-niece already told me that she wants to name them. I hate to hear what she comes up with. Probably, Nemo, SpongeBob, etc. Can't picture myself out in the pen calling for SpongeBob. :lol: maybe, I can convince her to do food names. :D

I have been told that if you go to photobucket and make you a free acct that you can put your pics on there and it will give you the URL so you can put them on here that way.

I use Photobucket and to be able to use the image tag you have to change a BYC editor option. You will need to go to the bottom of this page and hit Preferences. In the list you will see Preferred Editor Type. Change to BB Code Editor. You can then use the IMG code from your photo at Photobucket to copy and paste in a post for the image to appear. Just be aware that if you ever delete your Photobucket PIC your image will be gone from the post. You can hit the Quote button on this post to see what the IMG code looks like. Hope this is clear and helpful.

0f467531.jpg

Hello and wish you lots of sales on your chicks this weekend Rockin R Farm.

Thanks GamGam,
we did really good. I sold most of all the chickens, have a few RIR, RI whites, silver and gold laced wyondottes, Americauna Roo, Buff black tailed Jacks, BB Reds, Belgium Quail, and dark red cornish I think. I need to look up what she is. They are all Hens 8 months old. I am going to keep a few of the white Rhode Island Whites. I want to breed them to a RIR roo when I can find one. I thought I was going to have some Ameracuana hens but I got soo busy I forgot to put my hens back and at the end of the last day a lady pulled up and bought all 14 of the ones I had left. LOL
I did not think about mine till she left then realized what happened. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom