Texas

Oh sweetie, I hate to break it to you. It you will end up dealing with the stupidiest people you have ever met in your life!! I'm a former vet tech there are idiots I wanted to kill!!! Of course there are great clients too but you have not even seen the beginning of stupid until you work in a vets office!!

ChickletteSarge - There are stupid people everywhere you go. I'm one of them sometimes, especially when it comes to my car or my finances. Don't let it get you down. It's fun to be excited about learning something new, and I'm excited for you. I fantasize about winning the lottery and getting a hobby farm and going to vet tech school. Then volunteering at the SPCA (I'm sure they see hordes of stupid and mean people).  Anyway, good luck to you!

Good thing i am shootin for a zoo or farm area of practice!lol.
I dont mind stupid owners i just cant work with people that have 0 common sence! Thank you US military! Lol
i want to work at a zoo preferably but if i can work with a small town vet that does house/farm calls that would be great too!
Hopfully i can get in at the St Louis zoo! Then i can move near my basic training camp!

I live in Uvalde County. We have one goat, one Great Pyrenees LGD, 6 six cats, 3 dogs, 7+ pigeons (soon to be more!), 14 ducks (7Muscovy & 7 runner mixes), 5 Bourbon Red turkeys & two mixed breed turkeys, one pair of Silkies, one blue 1/2 Silkie/12 Cochin rooster, one pair of Black Copper Marans, 10 Pied Guinea chicks, 3 Peachicks, 2 baby BBR turkeys and the rest of the flock is made up of Easter-eggers, Frizzled Cochins (standard project), various Cochins, Cornish game hens and one Mille Fleur rooster.
Now I guess I'd better get over to the Intro page and make my formal introduction :)

Jeanette
Montell, TX

Good thing i am shootin for a zoo or farm area of practice!lol.
I dont mind stupid owners i just cant work with people that have 0 common sence! Thank you US military! Lol
i want to work at a zoo preferably but if i can work with a small town vet that does house/farm calls that would be great too!
Hopfully i can get in at the St Louis zoo! Then i can move near my basic training camp!
LOL - I know the feeling. My husband was Navy and then went to college. He is now a veterinarian. He is often frustrated with the way that "civilians" do their jobs and act compared to how things ran in the military. I keep having to remind him that civilians don't have a boot camp that indoctrinates certain values and education in them that govern how they act and do their jobs like the military does. That, and the threat of brig time for not doing your job doesn't exist for civilians either.
wink.png

LOL - I know the feeling.  My husband was Navy and then went to college.  He is now a veterinarian.  He is often frustrated with the way that "civilians" do their jobs and act compared to how things ran in the military.  I keep having to remind him that civilians don't have a boot camp that indoctrinates certain values and education in them that govern how they act and do their jobs like the military does.  That, and the threat of brig time for not doing your job doesn't exist for civilians either. ;)

I can only hope to work for a veteran veterinarian! That would be awesome!

NE Texas here - Commercial Chicken Farms are plentiful in our area. But not many that know about general chicken well being. I have learned soo much on this site and owe my favorite chick's life to a few that helped me in a crisis!

pop.gif

NE Texas here  - Commercial Chicken Farms are plentiful in our area. But not many that know about general chicken well being. I have learned soo much on this site and owe my favorite chick's life to a few that helped me in a crisis!

:pop

Welcome!

And for those not wanting to deal with stupid people, I've learned one thing. If you don't want to deal with stupid people, then don't deal with the public. Cause they're everywhere! :D

Stupid people... I could go on and on about my dislike of the truly stupid. I have a theory about them. Since they seem to marry each other, I theorize eventually they will have trouble locating their reproductive organs and no longer maintain their population. Sorry I made it so wordy, but I am trying to keep it clean, yet still get my point across.

What I try to do is to try to help them one time. If they refuse my help, then for the rest of the time I just smile and nod. I have one neighbor lady who insists on coughing up her morning nastiness over the railing and onto the ground right outside my door. I explained to her that I have nieces and nephews who come to visit a lot and that three of them are just now learning to walk (which means they fall over a lot). I asked her very nicely to do that into a small trash can and even offered to give her my office trash can. But no, I was rude to even suggest it. Can't wait, I am moving really really soon and won't have to listen to her coughing up her lungs every morning.

Howdy everyone new to BYC!! This is an awesome site!!

The next big show that I'm aware of is The Bluebonnet Classic - January 5, 2013 in College Station. You should be able to google it.

Made jelly this weekend and my Marans have finally started to lay!!!! Maybe I'll be showing eggs in January along with birds
wee.gif

Anything I can do to help my girls' production? I'm only getting about 2-3 eggs a day (and should be getting at least 12). I'm putting ice water bottles in water buckets. I've got 2 fans. There is plenty of shade in the run. On the weekends they are allowed to free range. I starting mixing catfish pellets (36% protein) in with their feed last night hoping that will give them a boost. First the heat, now all this crazy rain (although we needed it) has got my girls deciding they are on vacation . . .

Back
Top Bottom