The AIR CELL

chicks a layin

Hatching
6 Years
May 14, 2013
Rhode Island
HI ALL!
I know "they" say do not open the incubator the last 3 days! But I really needed to know if I had fried my eggs last night, when I woke this a.m. the temp was at 106! So This afternoon I had to check and as I picked up the egg it started CHIRPING in the shell! I almost dropped it! But I did a quick candle, saw the little chicks head in the air cell and put it right back in! So now how long will I have to wait on this little guy to pop out??

HI ALL!
I know "they" say do not open the incubator the last 3 days! But I really needed to know if I had fried my eggs last night, when I woke this a.m. the temp was at 106! So This afternoon I had to check and as I picked up the egg it started CHIRPING in the shell! I almost dropped it! But I did a quick candle, saw the little chicks head in the air cell and put it right back in! So now how long will I have to wait on this little guy to pop out??
12 -24 hours is normal after external pip

Thanks for the info! My little black chick came flying out of the shell this afternoon! It is so strong and CUTE!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom