The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
Let’s just take a moment to admire how gorgeous Isabel Ameraucanas are!!! 😍 Once my run is extended these and blue wheaten Ameraucanas are next!!
418CB7BF-E1DF-48EA-944C-FC539152CDE5.png

My broody just hatched some gold laced isabel orps, it is a super pretty color ❤️
Just looked up that color and wow those are so gorgeous!! Where’d you get the hatching eggs from for those? I want to try hatching eggs one time but I just haven’t because I would need to find a home for all the roosters. (I can have them, I just don’t want one. I like my all lady flock lol.)

Just looked up that color and wow those are so gorgeous!! Where’d you get the hatching eggs from for those? I want to try hatching eggs one time but I just haven’t because I would need to find a home for all the roosters. (I can have them, I just don’t want one. I like my all lady flock lol.)
I got them from Papa's Poultry, I got 3 of the Isabel and 3 gold laced chocolate, they sent 10, 6 hatched, 1 died, 4 early quitters. I also enjoy my bachelorette flock, same as you I can just don't want to mess up my relationship with my ladies. This is my first time hatching and with a broody, I did it for the experience and have enjoyed it very much! I have all the littles up for sale, so hopefully someone will take them, because my plan is to hatch some ameraucana eggs next spring with my broody, I ordered a splash this last March but she turned out to be a cockerel

Any chance my Americana/EE from Murray McM is a true Ameraucana? Look at her! She has slate legs (not green like all my other EE), and seems to be one color with no patterning. What do you all think? That would be pretty awesome since I was expecting an EE of some sort.

1658421934998.jpeg

Any chance my Americana/EE from Murray McM is a true Ameraucana? Look at her! She has slate legs (not green like all my other EE), and seems to be one color with no patterning. What do you all think? That would be pretty awesome since I was expecting an EE of some sort.

View attachment 3194588
I have a black “Americana” from McMurray that looks so much like a true ameraucana. I guess it’s possible but I don’t know how likely.

Attachments

• B216317C-5BDE-4B1A-AF80-C6BFB88867BB.jpeg
    B216317C-5BDE-4B1A-AF80-C6BFB88867BB.jpeg
    499.4 KB · Views: 2

View attachment 3194588
It does show that they carry true BBS Ameraucanas, maybe they accidentally slipped one in both ya'lls boxes :idunno ;)

Back
Top Bottom