The AMERAUCANA thread

Yeah, I'm actually really disappointed about the silvers. I started with 15 (they had a really rough trip here) and 4 made it to lockdown but only 2 hatched. The 2 that didn't were the only eggs not to hatch that made it to lockdown šŸ˜„ I plan to get another dozen as soon as I've got the money for more eggs. I just got over covid and missed 2 weeks of work, so finances are kinda tight. I'll also be getting bielefelders and spangled russian orloffs for a couple project colors I have in mind for the Ams. I'm gonna be having a lot of fun really soon! Good thing I've got 2 incubators for all these eggs I wanna get!
It sucks that shipped eggs can have poor hatch rates so hopefully youā€™ll have better luck with the next batch. I have been wanting spangled Russian Orloffs!! Youā€™ll have to post some pictures of them and tag me because I would love to see them! I love chickens with beards and muffs!

It sucks that shipped eggs can have poor hatch rates so hopefully youā€™ll have better luck with the next batch. I have been wanting spangled Russian Orloffs!! Youā€™ll have to post some pictures of them and tag me because I would love to see them! I love chickens with beards and muffs!
Yeah, I just found a breeder and her eggs are so cheap! ($50/dozen + shipping!!!) That's less than I paid for my Am eggs! Can't wait to get those too. They're gonna be ordered with my replacement Silvers (different breeder tho) to hatch together. Then I'll probably get the Bielefelders and maybe a few more Lavenders, if they don't hatch very well. I do only have 4 in lockdown and this is me trying to start a breeding program...Will definitely need better numbers. I think I can get by with 6 of the bbs and wheatens though...Hopefully. It was pretty disappointing to lose all the hard work I'd done with my last Ams like that, but I'm really excited to be starting over with them. Can't wait to have some more of those lovely blue eggs, too! ā¤ Especially can't wait to be able to just hatch a bunch of babies out like crazy to get my numbers up so I can maybe get even better birds to use as breeders and then really start making some progress with them. It's gonna be so much fun!

So, I just got a call back from the hatchery, they confirmed he is a boy. Pheadra is now Fred or....taking suggestions.
It will be Gus, but I am going to have to rehome him. I've been awake since 4 this morning with worry. At 6 am he started crowing. It lasted just 15 min or so, 22 times. Again, not very loud.

Letā€™s just take a moment to admire how gorgeous Isabel Ameraucanas are!!! šŸ˜ Once my run is extended these and blue wheaten Ameraucanas are next!!View attachment 3193630
Hi Jumping in here to say man there is so many different kinds of Ameraucanas I love it. Here are mine. Valerie and she lays blue eggs
She has a sister Victoria who is a bit shy when it comes to pictures. Lol

Attachments

• 20220718_162657.jpg
    20220718_162657.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220718_162654.jpg
    20220718_162654.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 3
Hi Jumping in here to say man there is so many different kinds of Ameraucanas I love it. Here are mine. Valerie and she lays blue eggs
She has a sister Victoria who is a bit shy when it comes to pictures. Lol
She's a lovely EE, but unfortunately not an Ameraucana as she's not one of the 8 recognized color varieties. The recognized varieties are Blue, Black, Brown Red, Buff, Self Blue, Silver, Wheaten, and Blue Wheaten. She's still a beautiful girl though!

She's a lovely EE, but unfortunately not an Ameraucana as she's not one of the 8 recognized color varieties. The recognized varieties are Blue, Black, Brown Red, Buff, Self Blue, Silver, Wheaten, and Blue Wheaten. She's still a beautiful girl though!

Back
Top Bottom