The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
Hey thank you but I'll have to research your response on Murry McMurray hatchery they show birds that have the same color as Valerie. Does anyone else have an opinion?
Many hatcheries, including Murray McMurray advertise "Ameraucanas" that are actually Easter Eggers. Even if they have accepted varieties of Ameraucanas, if they combine the varieties, they no longer breed true and so are not Ameraucanas anymore. Ameraucana is a standardized breed with specific varieties and EEs are not. What you have is definitely an EE, not that that makes her any less wonderful, just means she isn't an Ameraucana, that's all.

Says right on their website their "Ameraucanas" are a "mixed flock", meaning all their colors are combined, therefore are not any specific variety, making them Easter Eggers. Also says some lay a pink egg. Ameraucanas NEVER lay any color egg but blue. Not trying to be mean, just trying to educate :D
Screenshot_20220724-134140_Chrome.jpg

Says right on their website their "Ameraucanas" are a "mixed flock", meaning all their colors are combined, therefore are not any specific variety, making them Easter Eggers. Also says some lay a pink egg. Ameraucanas NEVER lay any color egg but blue. Not trying to be mean, just trying to educate :D
View attachment 3198387
I would probably not order from them again. I have one that is pretty as pretty gets. However, she isn’t a specific color. She has muffs and beard but just the color doesn’t work, which makes her an EE.

I attached a picture of her.

Attachments

• EECBBDBA-065C-459E-94BF-70E760CF9F95.jpeg
    EECBBDBA-065C-459E-94BF-70E760CF9F95.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DC588607-304E-4DEA-A3E2-9D41E779A6BF.jpeg
    DC588607-304E-4DEA-A3E2-9D41E779A6BF.jpeg
    669.6 KB · Views: 3
I would probably not order from them again. I have one that is pretty as pretty gets. However, she isn’t a specific color. She has muffs and beard but just the color doesn’t work, which makes her an EE.

This is another EE that I have. I love her coloring too. She also has muffs and beard. But again, because of the coloring she isn’t an Ameraucana.

Edit to add the photos 🤦‍♀️

Attachments

• 049A2ED9-C04C-42D5-8FC4-8129403EB395.jpeg
    049A2ED9-C04C-42D5-8FC4-8129403EB395.jpeg
    517.4 KB · Views: 3
  • B914B62A-DD68-44F9-B698-996A3CEF3C2A.jpeg
    B914B62A-DD68-44F9-B698-996A3CEF3C2A.jpeg
    921.4 KB · Views: 3
Many hatcheries, including Murray McMurray advertise "Ameraucanas" that are actually Easter Eggers. Even if they have accepted varieties of Ameraucanas, if they combine the varieties, they no longer breed true and so are not Ameraucanas anymore. Ameraucana is a standardized breed with specific varieties and EEs are not. What you have is definitely an EE, not that that makes her any less wonderful, just means she isn't an Ameraucana, that's all.
Appreciate the information and your right it really doesn't matter she sweet and we will keep her ❤

This is another EE that I have. I love her coloring too. She also has muffs and beard. But again, because of the coloring she isn’t an Ameraucana.

Edit to add the photos 🤦‍♀️
Oh she is very pretty 😍 and she is and EE. While this is very educational I'll just keep what I have and keep asking questions thanks

Appreciate the information and your right it really doesn't matter she sweet and we will keep her ❤

Back
Top Bottom