The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
Thanks for posting that discussion, I think I have a better understanding of the breed now (but clearly more to learn). From what I gather, (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) Pedro could be an Ameraucana that doesn't meet the standards of perfection, but he could be a mix making him an EE. Not that it matters to me either way - he's my right hand man when it comes to chicken keeping. But it would be helpful not to pass along false info, calling him A when he's actually EE. There's already way to much misinfo, disinfo, and downright madness in the world these days, no need adding to it!
btw the reference ro calliope - mythical goddess.. I presume not all follow this line of thinking? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for posting that discussion, I think I have a better understanding of the breed now (but clearly more to learn). From what I gather, (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) Pedro could be an Ameraucana that doesn't meet the standards of perfection, but he could be a mix making him an EE. Not that it matters to me either way - he's my right hand man when it comes to chicken keeping. But it would be helpful not to pass along false info, calling him A when he's actually EE. There's already way to much misinfo, disinfo, and downright madness in the world these days, no need adding to it!
btw the reference ro calliope - mythical goddess.. I presume not all follow this line of thinking? Or am I missing something?
I think Steve was following that line of thinking. It's a color that doesn't breed true. So the color itself is kinda mythical because it can't be duplicated and each bird is unique. At least that's how I felt when I found out what he called them.

This goofy splash Ameraucana lol

Attachments

• BFF974E1-2817-48FB-8D7F-48632ADC5DF9.jpeg
    BFF974E1-2817-48FB-8D7F-48632ADC5DF9.jpeg
    607.2 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom