The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
this is Izzy you wouldn’t guess she’s a ee (well maybe the muff) to me she looks like a splash Ameraucana but mom was a leghorn and dad was a black Ameraucana… blue egg

Attachments

• 8B489DFC-5B84-4A98-8E63-98ACE10FB9FA.jpeg
    8B489DFC-5B84-4A98-8E63-98ACE10FB9FA.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 96B1B737-4E93-450B-AEF5-6C115BF6D13C.jpeg
    96B1B737-4E93-450B-AEF5-6C115BF6D13C.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 37AEBE9B-B32C-4BEA-8EBC-8C6827EC5FCB.jpeg
    37AEBE9B-B32C-4BEA-8EBC-8C6827EC5FCB.jpeg
    378.5 KB · Views: 13
Well, it would seem that my "Ameraucanas" are actually Easter Eggers. Which is kind of a bummer, but I'll just have to get some pure-bred Ameraucanas next year.
Thank you all for your help! I'm do feel like I should've made a thread asking if they were really Ameraucanas. It seems that you guys get "Ameraucana (actually EE)" a lot. 😅

Thank you all so much for your help and correction. It seems I still have a long way to go.
Just goes to show how many smart and educated people are part of this amazing community!

What do you mean?
There is a thread in the contests section where you can enter photos to be captioned by others.

Captioning is added words to a picture to either describe or make it look like a subject is saying something.

A caption for the photo in the post I quoted would be, "What ya looking at kid!" Because the chick kinda looks gangster.

There is a thread in the contests section where you can enter photos to be captioned by others.

Captioning is added words to a picture to either describe or make it look like a subject is saying something.

A caption for the photo in the post I quoted would be, "What ya looking at kid!" Because the chick kinda looks gangster.
Lol!!!

Well, it would seem that my "Ameraucanas" are actually Easter Eggers. Which is kind of a bummer, but I'll just have to get some pure-bred Ameraucanas next year.
Thank you all for your help! I'm do feel like I should've made a thread asking if they were really Ameraucanas. It seems that you guys get "Ameraucana (actually EE)" a lot. 😅

Thank you all so much for your help and correction. It seems I still have a long way to go.
Just goes to show how many smart and educated people are part of this amazing community!
I’m 7 years into chicken and I’m just starting to fine tune my wants and breed to the standards, it’s a lot of work….but so fun!! And also it’s amazing how much there is to actually learn about chickens I feel they are more complicated than my cows!!

I’m 7 years into chicken and I’m just starting to fine tune my wants and breed to the standards, it’s a lot of work….but so fun!!
That's a lot more years than me! I'm only 3 years into chickens. I want to have all my birds up to standard. I bet it is! It will probably be the same for me: It'll be a lot of work, but is will be really fun!
And also it’s amazing how much there is to actually learn about chickens
It really is!
I feel they are more complicated than my cows!!
Lol:lau

Back
Top Bottom