The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
Anyone have/or will be having wheaten Ameraucanas eggs available for shipping?
I wish I could help you! @I Like Turkeys has wheatens I think, but not sure if they ship. My advice would be to visit the ABC breeders directory or join the The Unofficial Ameraucana Alliance Facebook page and ask there. If you’re not looking for super show quality, there are a couple people on eBay that sell wheatens. I have a bantam pair but they just barely started laying and I’m assuming you are looking for large fowl versions?

I wish I could help you! @I Like Turkeys has wheatens I think, but not sure if they ship. My advice would be to visit the ABC breeders directory or join the The Unofficial Ameraucana Alliance Facebook page and ask there. If you’re not looking for super show quality, there are a couple people on eBay that sell wheatens. I have a bantam pair but they just barely started laying and I’m assuming you are looking for large fowl versions?
Thank you! And yes I’m looking for LF

I have wheatens and blue wheatens, but I only breed bantams, and haven’t gotten NPIP certified just yet, so I cannot sell birds outside of FL at the moment. I second Facebook and the ameraucana alliance site though.
Thank you! And yes I’m looking for LF
There’s a wheaten variety ameraucana group on FB. Largefowl and bantam breeders there. Maybe you could find a largefowl breeder through that? The ameraucana alliance and ameraucana breeders club sites are good sources though.

I have wheatens and blue wheatens, but I only breed bantams, and haven’t gotten NPIP certified just yet, so I cannot sell birds outside of FL at the moment. I second Facebook and the ameraucana alliance site though.

There’s a wheaten variety ameraucana group on FB. Largefowl and bantam breeders there. Maybe you could find a largefowl breeder through that? The ameraucana alliance and ameraucana breeders club sites are good sources though.
You can sell shipped eggs without NPIP as long as the buyer knows. Does FL not allow it? I’d be surprised if FL was more restrictive than CA on that 😆

You can sell shipped eggs without NPIP as long as the buyer knows. Does FL not allow it? I’d be surprised if FL was more restrictive than CA on that 😆
When I was researching egg shipping a few months back, I recall seeing a requirement for either NPIP or a veterinary certificate to ship eggs out or into the state. Its definitely required to get eggs shipped into Florida, so I might’ve assumed it was required to ship them out. Im a bit unsure now. Either way, shipping eggs isn’t something I really intend to do until I become NPIP certified, just in case it is required. Either later this year or next year I’ll be trying to accomplish that.

When I was researching egg shipping a few months back, I recall seeing a requirement for either NPIP or a veterinary certificate to ship eggs out or into the state. Its definitely required to get eggs shipped into Florida, so I might’ve assumed it was required to ship them out. Im a bit unsure now. Either way, shipping eggs isn’t something I really intend to do until I become NPIP certified, just in case it is required. Either later this year or next year I’ll be trying to accomplish that.
Gotcha! How interesting! :D I wonder if the Post Office knows they're supposed to have all of that...haha. Mine has never asked :p

I would potentially be interested in being a customer of yours someday when you do decide to start shipping! :)

Back
Top Bottom