The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
I really wanna breed for porcelain satins!
I currently have this little satin roo.

I've tried understanding the whole genetics stuff and it's hard!
I luv the duccles! And there's a chance to get porcelain duccle eggs!!!
If I bred him with a porcelain duccle would I have better chances of a porcelain satin result?

That rooster is clearly Silver Columbian based, if I have to guess he is also eb/eb at the e locus(but I would need to see the actual parents of him to make a better guess). So he is eb/eb, Co/co+? or Co/Co and S/S(or S/s+)

Porcelain d'Uccles hens are eb/eb, Co/Co, mo/mo, lav/lav and s+/-

1645109865669.png

The cross will be eb/eb, Co/Co, Mo+/mom Lav+/lav S/- for females and S/s+ for males. They will be columbian based, do not show mottling nor lavender

That rooster is clearly Silver Columbian based, if I have to guess he is also eb/eb at the e locus(but I would need to see the actual parents of him to make a better guess). So he is eb/eb, Co/co+? or Co/Co and S/S(or S/s+)

Porcelain d'Uccles hens are eb/eb, Co/Co, mo/mo, lav/lav and s+/-

View attachment 2996518

The cross will be eb/eb, Co/Co, Mo+/mom Lav+/lav S/- for females and S/s+ for males. They will be columbian based, do not show mottling nor lavender
Ok if I understand you he would never give me a porcelain?

I really wanna breed for porcelain satins!
I currently have this little satin roo.
View attachment 2996135
I've tried understanding the whole genetics stuff and it's hard!
I luv the duccles! And there's a chance to get porcelain duccle eggs!!!
If I bred him with a porcelain duccle would I have better chances of a porcelain satin result?
I also love the salmon faverolles! So I would assume if this is possible mix with my satin roo and a duccle then I could also mix him with a salmon faverolles.
Any help or advice you can give regarding best way to go about breeding for a beautiful porcelain satin - I'm listening!
Thank you!
Porcelain d’uccles are based on gold (plus lavender) and your cockerel is silver. You would get porcelain quicker if you used a buff or red silkie. From there, you would have to breed the offspring together or breed the offspring back to the porcelain d’uccle parent to get the recessive mottling and lavender genes.

Back
Top Bottom