The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
Yes, most definitely.

Brown egg color like Maran is Polygenic in nature with many sex linked genes. Male Maran x Wyandotte. Cross the best F1s to each other and keep repeating based on Female egg color
Ill have to keep that in mind for later use as all i have is a maran hen but using her for olive eggers the rooster is an f1

Ill have to keep that in mind for later use as all i have is a maran hen but using her for olive eggers the rooster is an f1
it can work, but it will take a bit longer. But with such extended project one more generation would not make a difference

Wyandotte Rooster x Maran Hen

F1 males will inherit all of the sex linked brown genes from Maran dame so when crossed with F1 hens many of the female progeny will have inherited them.

Last edited:
Curious.
What are the chances I can get another slender rooster out of this pair?
20220127_120256.jpg
20220127_120153.jpg
I lost their son sometime before Christmas last year due to cancer. (RIP Goober)
20201229_131007.jpg

I have a question, how do I create an exact copy of my deceased Blue Swedish Flower hen?

I've been thinking about all the hatches I've done with her eggs. None of her chicks ever came close to looking like her.

What color birds do I need to start with?

This is her at 5 weeks. Bottom right corner.
P1010022.JPG

This her at 3 months.
P1010020.JPG

This her at 6 months.
P1010161 CLOUD.JPG

This is her at over a year old.
20210429_141648.jpg

Any help and guidance would be appreciated, thanks.

I have a question, how do I create an exact copy of my deceased Blue Swedish Flower hen?

I've been thinking about all the hatches I've done with her eggs. None of her chicks ever came close to looking like her.

What color birds do I need to start with?

This is her at 5 weeks. Bottom right corner.
View attachment 2996848
This her at 3 months.
View attachment 2996852

This her at 6 months.
View attachment 2996855

This is her at over a year old.
View attachment 2996866

Any help and guidance would be appreciated, thanks.
She looks like a text book Blue Swedish Flower Hen.. she is clearly ER/eb a the e locus. You just have been unlucky to get more like her.

1645130220665.png

Sorry, I have multiple questions and didn't want to speak out of turn.
I have a couple of f1 hens resulting from a cross.
They're from what I believe to have been a Crested Cream(possibly silver) legbar roo (free chick-now deceased-no picture) crossed with delaware hens. The f1's lay really pretty green eggs and have little crests. I don't have any other blue egg laying genes/ or crested genes in my flock..... So..... The crested legbar is undoubtedly the papa of the crested green egg laying f1. For sure.
I have alot of questions regarding this cross.
Firstly, Would you kindly be able to confirm the Delaware parentage by phenotype?
The only reason I ask is because there is a slight chance a Bielefelder hen's egg was incubated along with the Delawares.
I will attempt to find the picture. I posted a question about them a few weeks ago and posted a picture. But I'm a little technologically challenged (understatement). Looking for it now........

Back
Top Bottom