The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
1645134911109.jpeg

not a very good picture at all----but enough to show what I believe to be columbian factor traits from suspected Deleware hen momma

Would you kindly be able to confirm the Delaware parentage by phenotype?
The only reason I ask is because there is a slight chance a Bielefelder hen's egg was incubated along with the Delawares.
I will attempt to find the picture. I posted a question about them a few weeks ago and posted a picture. But I'm a little technologically challenged (understatement). Looking for it now........

Delawares are Silver Columbian wheaten and sex linked barred
Bielefelder are Gold non columbian, wildtype e+ and sex linked barred

After researching this (moving forward with confirmed parentage :) -ty )
... I've come to the conclusion that it is possible to take these F1's and cross them with a silver laced wyandotte roo. Resulting in sexlinked chicks. Is this correct?

After researching this (moving forward with confirmed parentage :) -ty )
... I've come to the conclusion that it is possible to take these F1's and cross them with a silver laced wyandotte roo. Resulting in sexlinked chicks. Is this correct?
Incorrect. Silver Male x Gold females = All Silver chicks at hatch(males will be S/s+ but will look Silver at hatch)

Sigh. I spent hours and hours on the chicken calculator with these f1 s.
Apparently, To no avail.
Just goes to show that : calculator + ignorance = a lotta nada
lol. I love that calculator, but there is no F1 plug-in for my hens ....so I did the best I could. (obviously ....not so good)
Fiddlesticks. My other thought was that I could maybe cross them back to a Bielefelder roo.....and then could maybe select for best auto sexing qualities in chicks? Afterall, the Legbar roo as a chick had a very nice headspot....

From what I can find the green egg laying trait is hard to "fix" and would require BC to a blue egglayer. Which I do not have. I also do not have any F1 roos.

Other roo possibilies for F1 cross would include: Blue laced Red wyandotte, Delaware , Barred rock, RIR .

If I have black ameraucana x maran which are f1 olive eggers and bred the f1 rooster to maran hen should I replace the f1 rooster with the son? Or keep the original f1 olive egger rooster? I need to downsize so wanna switch birds out unless im better off keeping them for darker olive eggs in the future.

Sigh. I spent hours and hours on the chicken calculator with these f1 s.
Apparently, To no avail.
Just goes to show that : calculator + ignorance = a lotta nada
lol. I love that calculator, but there is no F1 plug-in for my hens ....so I did the best I could. (obviously ....not so good)
Fiddlesticks. My other thought was that I could maybe cross them back to a Bielefelder roo.....and then could maybe select for best auto sexing qualities in chicks? Afterall, the Legbar roo as a chick had a very nice headspot....

From what I can find the green egg laying trait is hard to "fix" and would require BC to a blue egglayer. Which I do not have. I also do not have any F1 roos.

Other roo possibilies for F1 cross would include: Blue laced Red wyandotte, Delaware , Barred rock, RIR .

You can input this on the calculator for your F1 hen(the one laying the green egg)

eWh/e+
Co/co+
s+/-
B/-

You can leave the rest as default

Back
Top Bottom