The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
Thank you Nicalandia for helping us out here with your knowledge!
You are welcome, I've been here for nearly 13 years(next month) and a few years before here I was at "The Classroom at the Coop" forums. I like to share my knowledge. But lately I've been feeling down. None of my projects are working as planned. Except the ones I did not plan or did not wish to start.

I spent a lot of money on some Aseels, but my Wife wanted Some Silkies because they were cute. I complied because they were not that expensive in comparison. Well those Silkies are the most productive and healthiest bunch I have known. They are thriving while my Aseels did not(I am bling it on endogamy) I ended up exchanging the last pair of those Aseels with a trio of 4 month old Pakko Aseels(Pakistani Aseels), they were raised together so I thought they were fine. One day I found out that one of the brothers was killed by the other so now I am left with a unrelated pair of Pakko Aseels that will likely be re-homed if they don't perform, a trio of British Type Brahma(My wife request) and a 10 Silkies.

I am about to give up on the Orientals and accept my fate as a Silkie breeder..

NicaLandia;
I want to write you some encouragement:
The "Greatest" off our history had failure after failure, obstacle after obstacle and some lost everything incl. spouses, family and money.
Don't give up! I've been reading your posts here with Uther most amazement about your knowledge! (Thank you again!) Sometimes we are directed in "life" into other directions than we want, because we were not on the "right path".
We than have to give up, and do something else, or we continue and don't give up, with the hope that one day it works. I would say; Don't give up! You are amazing! Being down is ok. So you can reflect on what happened and go back to your "drawing board" and re-think. Or... Maybe choose for other options presented to you, like the silkies.
But it is a fact, that your knowledge is exceptional compared to many of us here!
Your willingness to share that, and your time with us, is already something what should make you very proud and is an amazing achievement!!!
When some doors are closed, better opportunities are presenting itself.
It's not where you look at, but what you see!

You will be ok!!
Don't give up...

What's the result of a Buff roster mixed with a hen with dominant white would there be any buff leakage?
That will depend if the hen with dominant white is actually "All White" or just the black pattern is white(for example Buff Laced Polish are dominant white but only the lacing is white)

Let say it's a Buff rooster mated to a solid white hen. The solid hen is actually solid black with the black feathers being turned white due to the dominant white mutation.

Buff rooster is eWh/eWh, Co/Co, Db/Db, i+/i+
White hen is E/E, co+/co+, db+/db+, I/I

The F1s will be E/eWh, Co/co+ and Db/db+ I/i+, so they will hatch solid White with a few black specks on them and turn out like paint but with many buff tones on the breast

Back
Top Bottom