The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Both light chicks look more like a dusty buff irl and the frizzles markings are more blue than black, they both have patterns on their necks
I realized I never asked my questions, the father of my light colored chicks is definitely my blacktailed red frizzle, but I'm not sure of the mothers or the father on the 3rd. I have the red frizzle and a silver birchen rooster, for hens when I set the eggs I had a golden neck duccle, quail danver, silver birchen, blue mottled, and barred cochins. My buff brahma hen had been removed from the pen for weeks. So is it possible to tell who laid who from this information or is it all recessive and I need to label my next hatch to see?

The father of my light colored chicks is definitely my blacktailed red frizzle, but I'm not sure of the mothers or the father on the 3rd.

Beside the Silver Birchen hen.. You don't mention any other Silver based females. Those light colored chicks are Silver Columbian in pattern. Black Tail Red vs Silver Birnch will not give you Silver columbian males, but mostly birchen males and brown red females. is the Quail actually Silver Quail?

The Birchen female and the barred female could be the dame of that dark chick

One last question.

Splash silkie x white laced red Cornish
Splash silkie x dark laced cornish
Red partridge silkie x white laced red Cornish
Red partridge silkie x dark laced Cornish

Splash pairings would have blue and partial lacing and Partridge pairings would be partial laced, correct?

One last question.

Splash silkie x white laced red Cornish
Splash silkie x dark laced cornish

Splash pairings would have blue and partial lacing and Partridge pairings would be partial laced, correct?

No Partial Lacing on Splash x White Laced Red Cornish. E/eb, Pg/pg+, Ml/ml+ Bl/bl+ will give you most of the time a solid blue birds. E/eb with those melanizers will nearly always deliver solid black/blue birds.

Yes partial double lacing on those

Beside the Silver Birchen hen.. You don't mention any other Silver based females. Those light colored chicks are Silver Columbian in pattern. Black Tail Red vs Silver Birnch will not give you Silver columbian males, but mostly birchen males and brown red females. is the Quail actually Silver Quail?

The Birchen female and the barred female could be the dame of that dark chick
I don't believe the quail is silver. I attached pictures of her. So the light colored ones are Silver even tho they are almost yellow in color? (Like their first feathers are yellow in most places) Or you mean the Silver is just the pattern and they are buff in color? Wouldn't a barred hen produce black pullets with my roosters tho? Oh and to my knowledge all the quails chicks have had beards and her comb

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220919-200005_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20220919-200005_Video Player.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220919_195744.jpg
    20220919_195744.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220919_195730.jpg
    20220919_195730.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20220919-195957_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20220919-195957_Video Player.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 6
No Partial Lacing on Splash x White Laced Red Cornish. E/eb, Pg/pg+, Ml/ml+ Bl/bl+ will give you most of the time a solid blue birds. E/eb with those melanizers will nearly always deliver solid black/blue birds.

Yes partial double lacing on those
Even though the white on the lacing Is dominant?

This is the thread to ask anything related to genetics to me. I have Asperger's syndrome. I have poor social skills and can't understand sarcasm so science/numbers/genetics have come very easy to understand.

Ask away.
Do you have an idea of what else my 1/2 Salmon Faverolles is. He was hatched from a medium brownish colored egg. I know for sure the Rooster he’s from is Salmon Faverolles

Attachments

• 52AC06CE-F11A-4ABE-AF88-88DA01ACCB49.jpeg
    52AC06CE-F11A-4ABE-AF88-88DA01ACCB49.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 6
Do you have an idea of what else my 1/2 Salmon Faverolles is. He was hatched from a medium brownish colored egg. I know for sure the Rooster he’s from is Salmon Faverolles
This was him when younger

Attachments

• 5788A34D-D903-40AF-B791-5B8EBF1BBB9A.jpeg
    5788A34D-D903-40AF-B791-5B8EBF1BBB9A.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom