The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

These little pheonix girls occasionally pop up. The male's look different, but I'm assuming that they're the same color but with a type of sex-specific differences.

It comes from the same male that makes the white pheonixes and either the same hen as well or from the white female. Is there any way to know for sure besides test breeding? They're so lovely
received_641026714044096.jpeg
received_777837956793523.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello Nicalandia!
So I hatched just the one porcelain chick from a porcelain project pen from a show breeder in Florida. I was hoping for more. I also hatched out 2 chunky buffs from her buff pen.
What would be the best way to create more porcelains? I assume I can breed porcelain to buff and then breed any resulting offspring back to porcelain? I find the genetic calculator unhelpful in this case as "porcelain" in the calculator is assuming millefleur or mottled genetics, where Porcelain in Silkies is buff based.
Oh and I am on Hawaii and finding lavender Silkies here is near to impossible. Trying to find someone who will ship me some lavender eggs is also challenging!
Thanks!😊
56AC34A2-4FF3-453F-9976-9AE9CCB84DA4.jpeg
61AB1B32-ADDA-4151-B760-85CA9585AB2D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom