The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Hello Nicalandia!
I find the genetic calculator unhelpful in this case as "porcelain" in the calculator is assuming millefleur or mottled genetics, where Porcelain in Silkies is buff based.
😊

Let me see your Porcelain, most of the pictures I see of Porcelain Silkies are just Gold Partridge Diluted by Lavender(no mottling)

Hiya! I saw this thread and thought I'd ask a question! I've hatched out Olive Egger chicks like this pretty often! Most of them have white spots on their heads! Does that mean something? Like their sex linked? Can you breed sex linked Easter Eggers or Olive Eggers? If so how?
IMG_5583.JPG

Hiya! I saw this thread and thought I'd ask a question! I've hatched out Olive Egger chicks like this pretty often! Most of them have white spots on their heads! Does that mean something? Like their sex linked? Can you breed sex linked Easter Eggers or Olive Eggers? If so how? View attachment 3296455

The ones with a white dot on their heads are barred.

They can be sex linked if you cross a Ameraucana x Cuckoo Maran Hen, the barred ones are males and the ones with black top heads are females.

I do not have the parents. The father is a buff crossed with porcelain and the moms are all porcelain.🙂
In any case Porcelain Silkies are not simply buff with lavender. They are Gold based Partridge diluted by Lavender.. Buff Silkies are mostly wheaten(some can be eWh/eb) with Co/Co, Di/Di
1666204133691.png

His color is Pumpkin all right. Genetically he does not seem to be Pumpkin since he lacks any game ancestry, he is likely just a pumpkin colored cockerel(beautiful color by the way).
I’m confused, are you saying he has a “pumpkin” phenotype but genetically isn’t pumpkin?? Is that what you meant when you identified him simply as “pumpkin” in your first response?

What is this coloring called? This is an older picture, she is currently molting which has revealed to me that her flight feathers are all half blue. Is this the pumpkin color with blue that you previously described? It seems like that to me only it has already been mentioned that pumpkin only appears on roosters so I dont know. Also, anyone have any idea of what breed she is? I was thinking some sort of game bird? Thanks in advance!
She looks like a blue wheaten American game.
I really don't think she has mottling, but I could test that out though, with Bigfoot who's split for mottling.
I don’t think she has mottling either, at least not the “normal” type of mottling.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom