The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Interesting.

Are you going for a white bird, or some other color?
The highest production type birds I can get my hands are White Leghorns(I have access to Polish, but those are poor egg layers here). The cross is sex linked since the hens will have green/dark shanks, but only visibly a few weeks after hatch

The highest production type birds I can get my hands are White Leghorns(I have access to Polish, but those are poor egg layers here). The cross is sex linked since the hens will have green/dark shanks, but only visibly a few weeks after hatch
Okay.

Is the Aruacana white too?

Hi, these might come off silly but i have a few questions.

If i bred a white japanese bantam rooster (black tipped) with a blue bantam cochin hen, what could i be getting as a end result?

when your writing out genotypes for a bird, are you writing out just the color, or the feather type aswell? I would love learning more about this, are there any articles you recommend?

Thanks!

Got some posture pictures of Pumpkin boy finally.
20221219_122513.jpg
20221219_122519.jpg

20221219_122712.jpg

If i bred a white japanese bantam rooster (black tipped) with a blue bantam cochin hen, what could i be getting as a end result?

Thanks!

Japanese_Bantam_rooster.jpg

Those are Silver Based Columbian based on Wheaten. So their genetic make up for the color is eWh/eWh, Co/Co, S/S for the males and eWh/eWh, Co/Co, S/- for females

Blue Cochins are E/E, S/S, co+/co+,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom