The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Can you have a pen of cream and Opal crested legbars and get both colors? Or is the cream not able to make splits with the opal?
You can't get any cream directly from Two Opals(recessive white), but you can get Whites/Opals from known Cream lines that are known to give Opal, You can introduce the Opal on your Creams and get every now and then some opals

You can't get any cream directly from Two Opals(recessive white), but you can get Whites/Opals from known Cream lines that are known to give Opal, You can introduce the Opal on your Creams and get every now and then some opals
Okay, so if I had a cream hen and an opal pair, I could get cream and opal (and possibly white) chicks?

Check out my Black To White Experiment thread?
Oh, I be like this guy following that thread....
jon-stewart-eat.gif

I have a hen that's went from barred to barred and white but she's way boring compared to yours.

Are you saying "Opal" is another name for recessive white Legbars?

I had read that Opals have the lavender dilution instead. So that would make three colors (the usual Cream Legbars, and "Opals" with the lavender gene, and the "Frost White" ones with recessive white.)

Okay, so if I had a cream hen and an opal pair, I could get cream and opal (and possibly white) chicks?
That sounds right to me.

Back
Top Bottom