The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

How about a Salmon Faverolles/Birchen Maran rooster over a Bielefelder Hen? What would the offspring look like?
Since one of the sire is ER/eWh and the dame is e+/e+ B/-, 50 of all chicks will be eWh/e+ those cant be sexed at hatch as those type of males will not display a headspot. The ER/e+ males will display a headspot.

Since one of the sire is ER/eWh and the dame is e+/e+ B/-, 50 of all chicks will be eWh/e+ those cant be sexed at hatch as those type of males will not display a headspot. The ER/e+ males will display a headspot.
Do you know what roosters and hens will look like when fully feathered?

I have a blue rooster. The hens are black and some are blue. I also have buff Orpington hens. I hadn’t considered them though, wouldn’t figure they would throw a blue chick.
If the father were a Cream Legbar, I would expect the chick to have white barring. I do not see any white barring on the chick, so I would not expect the Cream Legbar to be the father.

Blue Australorp x Buff Orpington sounds like a reasonable guess. That could easily produce a blue chick with lots of silver leakage on the front half, which might look like the chick in your photo.

Came to share some AI Generated Piebald Chickens, I made.
These are just gorgeous.
OIG (5).jpeg

Came to share some AI Generated Piebald Chickens, I made.

Why, though? I just have to ask this of someone because these AI fake animals are all over my fb lately. I don't understand the appeal of pretend versions of real animals when the real deal is also beautiful. If it were a creature that doesn't exist at all, I could totally understand, like dragons. Or if it was meant as a goal sketch of something one meant to breed and it was genetically possible.

Currently thousands of people are sharing this super fake "peacock baby" (lol :rolleyes:) and I'm still trying to explain to my older friends that it's not real and that's why they "didn't know they were so gorgeous!". Then they feel bad :(

Back
Top Bottom