The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Here is an example of dun chick down and what it matured too. It's just an example, not conclusive. This is not proof for or against what you are experiencing, just an example. The hen is reccessive white so no dominant white in the mix at all.
IMG_2880 (2).JPG

Here is an example of dun chick down and what it matured too. It's just an example, not conclusive. This is not proof for or against what you are experiencing, just an example. The hen is reccessive white so no dominant white in the mix at all.View attachment 3510788
Interesting. My Phoenixes never looked like that. They look different than the male too though, so maybe it's because it's a different pattern?

Here is an example of dun chick down and what it matured too. It's just an example, not conclusive. This is not proof for or against what you are experiencing, just an example. The hen is reccessive white so no dominant white in the mix at all.View attachment 3510788
Dun chick down also varies in color depending on what genes are at play.

Dun exists in the dominant white allele, along with Khaki which is needed to create the color. But you already said what parent the chick inherited the color from which is helpful. Examples are too.:D
20220521_144401.jpg

007, with his Khaki down.
20220521_144421.jpg

I can assure you both parents aren't blue, so can't be Splash.
The mother. BB Red Laughing chicken. View attachment 3510782Father. White Khaki Silkie. View attachment 3510784

Dominant white with red leakage, then. I'm not convinced that Silkie is khaki, personally. Cross him to a solid black hen who has been properly separated from all other roosters for a few weeks and that will confirm or deny that.

Here is an example of dun chick down and what it matured too. It's just an example, not conclusive. This is not proof for or against what you are experiencing, just an example. The hen is reccessive white so no dominant white in the mix at all.
IMG_2880 (2).JPG

Shade-wise, this is more like what mine looked like as well when chicks. Mine were all e+ based, so had chipmunk stripes, but were more this shade of gray-brown without any reddishness at all.

Dominant white with red leakage, then. I'm not convinced that Silkie is khaki, personally. Cross him to a solid black hen who has been properly separated from all other roosters for a few weeks and that will confirm or deny that.

Shade-wise, this is more like what mine looked like as well when chicks. Mine were all e+ based, so had chipmunk stripes, but were more this shade of gray-brown without any reddishness at all.
I have a few black hens I could, but would have to use AI since he can't quit hit the target due to his legs being on the short side.

The black Sumatra hen was successfully bred to 007, now all I need to do is collect her eggs, & hatch them.
How long has she been in an all female flock?

I was literally typing just about the same question. If she's been around any other roosters at all within the past 2-3 weeks, whether you've seen them breed or not, then this test isn't really going to prove anything conclusively. ;)

Back
Top Bottom