The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

This is dominant right, white? Chick is golden- white, looks way different than silver chicks I've hatched before. I have one hen in the flock with dominant white, just wasn't expecting her to mother anything from this hatch..View attachment 3514885
That looks like a dominant white. Mine often have that reddish/orange tone, or a pale yellow.

This is the thread to ask anything related to genetics to me. I have Asperger's syndrome. I have poor social skills and can't understand sarcasm so science/numbers/genetics have come very easy to understand.

Ask away.
Hey I was wondering ... So lavender is a recessive dilute gene, so if you breed a lavender Orpington to a lavender Orpington you breed true, if you breed lavender Orpington to let's say a lavender ameracana, would it come out true lavender? I know it wouldn't be a true breed but would it still be lavender or would this just cause tail shredder ? Thanks

I love this thread learning about genetics Is so cool!

I finally got a lavender Orpington chick (mix) today it's black cant wait to see it grow up!

Hey I was wondering ... So lavender is a recessive dilute gene, so if you breed a lavender Orpington to a lavender Orpington you breed true, if you breed lavender Orpington to let's say a lavender ameracana, would it come out true lavender? I know it wouldn't be a true breed but would it still be lavender
Lavender x lavender = lavender

It does not matter if one lavender is Orpington and the other is Ameraucana, all the chicks will still be lavender.

Hey I was wondering ... So lavender is a recessive dilute gene, so if you breed a lavender Orpington to a lavender Orpington you breed true, if you breed lavender Orpington to let's say a lavender ameracana, would it come out true lavender? I know it wouldn't be a true breed but would it still be lavender or would this just cause tail shredder ? Thanks

I love this thread learning about genetics Is so cool!

I finally got a lavender Orpington chick (mix) today it's black cant wait to see it grow up!
That is Correct

Back
Top Bottom