The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Thats a s+/-, ig/ig cream alright

So, just out of curiosity, what makes the Legbar hen you posted look so white by comparison? Also, some Cream Legbar hens are also more yellowish in the hackles, but they're still more of a grayish color overall than the brownish color of the Phoenix pictured. What causes that? My own Cream Legbar, Harriet, is one of those more yellowish individuals, for example:

Harriet 2.jpg

So, just out of curiosity, what makes the Legbar hen you posted look so white by comparison? Also, some Cream Legbar hens are also more yellowish in the hackles, but they're still more of a grayish color overall than the brownish color of the Phoenix pictured. What causes that? My own Cream Legbar, Harriet, is one of those more yellowish individuals, for example:

View attachment 3519278
In the USA there are two lines of CCL, basically gold tone(as the hen pictured, likely due to red enhancers or less likely the absence of recessive cream) and the Silver looking ones, which are s+/-, diluted cream(ig/ig)without red enhancers And a copy of sex linked barring(B/-) which have a small effect.

That makes sense, thank you! I knew there were two lines, just wasn't sure what the difference was genetically. My personal preference is the coloring of my hen with the yellowish tones, but I understand that the whiter hens like the ones you posted are the preference for the proposed standard.

How rare is the partridge color in Malays? Can't find much information.
One I hatched from a breeder looks partridge, rather then Duckwing based.
Will get pictures when fluffy.

Last edited:
K so .... I have a question about black sex links .
So to creat black sex links you mix R.I.R to B.P.R right? So follow up question if I have a hen 50% barred rock 50% belifelder and mixed her to a R.I.R what breed would I get or would it be a mix

K so .... I have a question about black sex links .
So to creat black sex links you mix R.I.R to B.P.R right? So follow up question if I have a hen 50% barred rock 50% belifelder and mixed her to a R.I.R what breed would I get or would it be a mix

The chicks would be a mix.

This is still a sex-linked pairing, with a barred hen and not-barred rooster. The sons will inherit barring, and the daughters will not. That will be easy to spot on the black-based chicks, but not so easy on other colors of chicks.

I would expect about half of the chicks to have a black base color (like Barred Rocks or Black Sexlnks do), with the others showing some brown & black (like Rhode Island Red or Bielefelder), or possibly having a white & black pattern (maybe similar to Delawares.)

For the hen, which breed was her father, and which breed was her mother?

Back
Top Bottom