The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

looks like it.

Then this hen has to be the mother. This is the only blue bird in this flock. But there is absolutely no reason she should have a single comb gene.
20230420_181230.jpg
20221219_164909.jpg

The dad has a single comb, but the mother absolutely should not. The other blue chick has the Pp comb that should have occurred in both.

I hatched a Malay chick with something I haven't seen before. Feather buds right down the middle of both hocks. The rest of the shanks are clean.
What would cause this? Also will it go away? View attachment 3564108View attachment 3564110
I Highly recomend you reconcider your source for Malays, eb, single combs and now hock feathering are too many red flags to be chance genetics

I'm only hunting for the Indian Malays, & the breeder I ordered for my second flock addition was even confused about the whole single combed chick thing, so I assumed he's never had that pop up.

My original Source for my 2021 Malays was bid_on2003, but they weren't selling this year, so I went with the other guy chickenf-76 this year.

bid_2003 never culled unwanted chicks, & had his Indian Malay stock for several decades. So, maybe that's the reason for the feather subs on the hocks? My Splash Duckwing chick that's now 10 weeks had some up the shanks but they disappeared.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom