The best trade ever

BirdBrain

Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Alaska
Since I don't have any birds to give me eggs I have found a local farmer to buy eggs from. The first time I visited him he gave me 3 dozen and said if I liked them I could start buying eggs form him. So today I made bread and then called him to see if I could come get some more. He said sure. I brought him 3 hot loaves of whole wheat bread to thank him for the eggs. He asked me how many dozen I wanted and I told him 3. So he went in and when he came out he handed me 4 dozen and then wouldn't let me pay him for them. What a surprise and what a blessing. I am thinking I got the better end of the deal although every one likes my bread, so he may be thinking he got the better deal.
big_smile.png
What shall I take him next time? I have not seen a lady about the place or a second vehicle there, so I am thinking he is not married. What would a retired, late 50's--ish guy like next time in exchange for eggs? Can you give me some ideas?

Thanks,
Bird

Guys like BEER, I love beer, beer is good for every occasion. (always in moderation, please dont drink and drive)

in lew of that what about a sack of chicken feed?

Quote:
I am a guy and I definitely second the peach cobbler! Fresh Wheat Bread would be fine every time too and in my opinion he go the better end. Nothing beats homemade anything...ESPECIALLY when they're made with FRESH eggs!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
For a man at any age food is always a good choice. You know he probably doesn't cook much and if he does it's for necessity. Cookies, brownies, my Texas Torpedos (in recipe sec) anything really. I bet he comes to expect your bread though!

I make whole wheat bread too and I have found many of the men come to my table at the farmers market to swap with me for some bread. I come home with lots of veggies
smile.png
There is one retired Pastor whom I bring Banana bread. It makes his day! So maybe a jar of jam next time with a loaf.

Back
Top Bottom