The crazy hatch of a orust chicks determination to hatch.

Eps32

Songster
Dec 22, 2015
North Carolina
So I have a broody orust hen who's been sitting on eggs for almost three weeks. The other hens lay in the corner of the coop on a nice bed of straw. I each mourning collect the eggs that's the broody hen is not sitting on to put in an egg carton to hatch or sell or even eat. Well three days ago I collect my mourning orust eggs and put them in a carton on my kitchen counter there was maybe four. Well the next day I said I have two dozen orust eggs and a mix of another 20 eggs from my outside free range flock. I decide I'll do a hatch. I set up my incubator wait about 18 hours and drop the eggs on the turner. Now remember these orust eggs I collected three days ago have been sitting on my counter for 24+ hours. I drop them all and fill up the bator. Two days later I'm laying in bed I here a squeak I thought it was my egg turner just making a squeak while turning. I goto sleep wake up make coffee sit on my bed and start reading news etc.. Now while drinking my coffee I hear chirps I'm like my egg turner is going bad. I get up look in the bator and there it is a healthy orust chick hatched and drying while the egg turner was still going. I immediately set up my brooder and took her/him out so it's feet didn't get caught in the egg turner. Now there's a healthy chick named destiny in my brooder under a heat lamp. Thought this was a crazy story seeing his/her egg was sitting on my kitchen counter for over a day. I don't know how the egg got moved from my broody hen but it did some hoe some way this chick was definitely stepping foot on earth. Thanks for reading

That would be surprising! That little one was surely determined
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom