The Duck Thread

Pics
No!!There was too much rain that we couldn't go get them!We will go when the storm passes(not in any time soon because the storm was here all week)

We are having what I call a cold storm. It has been below freezing for five days, and not expected to be above freezing for another four days. It's been between -19C and -11C for three days now.

The ducks go outside, enjoy themselves for a couple of minutes, then plop down to warm their feet, then run back to the shelter door for me to let them back in.

But this gives Romy, my girl with the soft eggs, a break, because there is less light (plenty to see by, just not bright sun), so her egg laying ought to slow down. That, I hope, will give her a chance to build her calcium levels back up.

We are having what I call a cold storm. It has been below freezing for five days, and not expected to be above freezing for another four days. It's been between -19C and -11C for three days now.

The ducks go outside, enjoy themselves for a couple of minutes, then plop down to warm their feet, then run back to the shelter door for me to let them back in.

But this gives Romy, my girl with the soft eggs, a break, because there is less light (plenty to see by, just not bright sun), so her egg laying ought to slow down. That, I hope, will give her a chance to build her calcium levels back up.
fl.gif
hoping so Amiga

We are standing at 21* with sleet falling and it looks like snow but it's ice. like a skating rink outside.

Back
Top Bottom